Anxide 10/25 Mg Tablet 10
Diazepam is used in the treatment of anxiety, muscle spasms, and alcohol withdrawal symptoms. In combination with other drugs, it is given to treat seizures. One of the main imipramine uses includes the treatment of depression in adults. This drug is occasionally used to relieve bed-wetting habit in children aged 6 years and above.
How does the drug work ?
Diazepam acts by balancing the chemicals in the brain, thus, controlling the disorders. Imipramine belongs to the class of drugs called tricyclic antidepressant. It acts by inhibiting the chemicals in the brain which are produced excessively in people with depression.
What are the common side effects ?The side effects which are common with diazepam are drowsiness, weakness and tiredness, and loss of coordination. The common imipramine side effects are a lack of coordination, tingling sensation, weakness, dryness of mouth, constipation, diarrhea, vision disturbances, ringing in ears, swelling of the breast, decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Do not take Anxide drug if an allergic reaction was observed in the past with the drug or any other drug with similar ingredients.
• Anxide should not be taken by people with a recent heart attack.
• Do not take the Anxide if a MOA-inhibitor (a drug for depression) has been used in the past 14 days.
• Grapefruit juice can interact with Anxide medicine and lead to unwanted effects. So ask a doctor about grapefruit containing products.
• Do not give this medicine to children below 6 months.
• Be alert to identify the changes in your mood while using this medicine due to the possibility of suicidal tendency as one of the side effects of Anxide.
• Avoid using heavy machinery or driving after taking Anxide drug as it alters mental alertness.
• Take the exact Anxide dosage as prescribed by the physician to prevent unwanted effects.
• Pregnant and lactating mothers should seek doctor’s advice before using Anxide drug.
• Read the instructions provided on the package for information such as Anxide uses and safety details before use.
1. Is diazepam a habit-forming drug? Yes. Diazepam is a habit-forming medicine. So, do not misuse it.
2. What precautions should be taken by the elderly patients using diazepam? Elderly patients using diazepam are at risk of falls and should take necessary measures suggested by the doctor.
3. Is diazepam an over-the-counter drug? No. Diazepam is not an over-the-counter drug. It is available only with a prescription.
4. How long can I take diazepam? Do not take diazepam for more than 4 months unless advised by your doctor.
5. Can I drive after taking diazepam? Do not drive after taking diazepam due to the possibility of impaired alertness with the drug. Imipramine
1. In how many days will the symptoms of depression improve with imipramine? It may take nearly 3 weeks for the improvement of depression symptoms with the imipramine medicine.
2. Do I have to inform my surgeon about using the drug imipramine? Yes. You need to inform your surgeon that you are taking imipramine for your surgeon to decide if you should stop taking the drug for some time.
3. What are the symptoms of overdose with imipramine tablets? The symptoms of overdose with imipramine tablets include fast or irregular heart rate, extreme drowsiness, fainting, or convulsions. Consult a doctor immediately for help.
4. Is it safe to drink alcohol while using imipramine? Drinking alcohol while using the drug can lead to dangerous side effects or even death. Therefore, you must avoid it.
5. How should I protect myself from sunburn with imipramine? You may wear protective clothing and use sunscreen lotion with an SPF of 30 or more. Do not use tanning beds and avoid exposure to sunlight.
6. What is the dose of imipramine medicine for depression in adults? The initial dose of imipramine drug to treat depression in adults is 100 mg per day, taken through the mouth. The maintenance dose is 100-200 mg per day.