Anxiflu Tablet 10
Alprazolam Alprazolam is used in the treatment of anxiety associated depression and panic disorders. It is the most commonly prescribed medication to relieve nervousness. Fluoxetine Fluoxetine is used to treat depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, eating disorder such as bulimia nervosa, premenstrual syndrome and panic attacks.
How does the drug work ?
Alprazolam Alprazolam belongs to the class of drugs called benzodiazepines. It alters the chemical activity in the brain to reduce abnormal excitement, anxiety and worry; it is also helpful in promoting sleep. Fluoxetine Fluoxetine is an antidepressant and belongs to the class of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). Decrease in the levels of amines such as serotonin and norepinephrine may cause mood disturbances. Increased levels of serotonin in the body elevates mood. Fluoxetine being a serotonin reuptake inhibitor avoids the uptake of serotonin from serotonin reuptake pump, thus increasing its levels.
What are the common side effects ?Alprazolam Alprazolam side effects include constipation, drowsiness, dry mouth, irritation, depression, altered speech, vertigo, abnormal involuntary movements. Fluoxetine The common fluoxetine side effects include drowsiness, dizziness, trouble sleeping, restlessness, chills or fever, joint or muscle pain, skin rashes, itching, hives, flushing, loss of appetite, hallucinations, dry mouth, frequent urge to urinate, weight loss, and fatigue.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Take Anxiflu drug as prescribed by the physician. Do not over dose it.
• Do not drive or handle heavy machinery after taking Anxiflu drug as it causes dizziness and drowsiness.
• Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Anxiflu medication as it increases the drug action in the individual.
• Individuals suffering from kidney and liver disorders should inform the doctor before taking Anxiflu medication.
• Pregnant and breastfeeding women should inform the doctor before taking Anxiflu medication for safe use of the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
1. Can I take alprazolam for insomnia? Yes. Alprazolam is an effective medication for anxiety associated insomnia.
2. Can I take alprazolam during lactation? No. Alprazolam can pass into the breast milk and may harm the baby. Consult your doctor before taking the drug.
3. What is the maximum dose of alprazolam per day in the treatment of panic disorders? The maximum dose of alprazolam per day in the treatment of panic disorders is 10mg. Seek medical advice to avoid complications.
4. Is alprazolam beneficial only for insomnia? Alprazolam is the best medicine for insomnia and depression as well.
5. Do alprazolam cause addiction? Yes, alprazolam causes addiction. Use the drug only when prescribed. Fluoxetine
1. I am on MAO inhibitors since 10 days. Can I take fluoxetine along with MAO inhibitors? No, fluoxetine tablet along with MAO inhibitor may cause dangerous drug interactions. You must wait for at least two weeks after stopping the MAO inhibitor.
2. Can I give fluoxetine to my 10-year-old child? Children may get suicidal thoughts when antidepressants like fluoxetine are administered. Consult your doctor before giving fluoxetine medicine to children.
3. What if I have an overdose with fluoxetine? An overdose of fluoxetine may cause serotonin syndrome, which includes fast heart rate, hallucinations, vomiting and diarrhea.
4. Can I reduce/gain weight by taking fluoxetine? Significant weight loss is reported with fluoxetine tablet use. Consult the doctor if you notice severe weight loss.
5. I am on diuretics. Can I use fluoxetine? No, taking fluoxetine with diuretics can increase the risk of dehydration.