Anxinil 0.25 Mg Tablet 30
Lorazepam belongs to the class benzodiazepines. Lorazepam uses include insomnia, sleep disturbances, and anxiety. Drug lorazepam is used to calm down the patients before surgery.
How does the drug work ?
Lorazepam binds to the allosteric site of GABA-A receptors, which are pentameric ionotropic receptors in central nervous system. The binding to GABA receptors opens the chloride channel and allows influx of chloride in the neurons, causing the calming effect.
What are the common side effects ?Lorazepam side effects include severe drowsiness, unusual changes in mood, hallucinations, confusion, loss of coordination, vision problems, an urge to urinate, change in the appetite, and stomach upset.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid the drug Anxinil in pregnancy as it may cause congenital abnormalities.
• Do not use Anxinil there is a medical history of myasthenia gravis (neuromuscular disorder) or glaucoma.
• Do not share medication Anxinil with anyone especially with the persons who have a history of drug addiction or drug abuse.
• Alcohol may potentiate Anxinil side effects. Therefore, avoid alcohol while taking lorazepam.
• Patients with a history of epilepsy should use drug Anxinil with caution, as it may cause severe convulsions. However, discuss with the doctor before taking the medicine.
• Accidental falls are common in elders who take Anxinil.
• Do not discontinue the Anxinil abruptly as it may cause unpleasant symptoms such as convulsions. Ask the doctor how to safely withdraw the medication.
1. I am allergic to valium is drug lorazepam safe for me? No, you should not use drug lorazepam if you are allergic to valium and other similar medications.
2. What is the safe dose of medication lorazepam? The commonly recommended dosage is 2 – 4mg or as prescribed. Overdose may lead to coma. Prolonged use may also cause addiction to the drug.
3. I am 15 years old. Can I use drug lorazepam for sleeplessness? No, lorazepam is not recommended for anyone who is younger than 18 years.
4. What are the other forms of drug lorazepam? Medication lorazepam is available as oral solutions, injectables apart from tablet form.
5. For how long can I use the drug lorazepam? The patient should not use the drug for more than four weeks; as it may cause drug addiction.