Anxiset 1 Mg Tablet 10
Flupenthixol is used to treat schizophrenia, a mental disorder of wrong interpretation of reality.
How does the drug work ?
Flupenthixol is an antipsychotic agent which acts by balancing the levels of chemicals in the brain that are responsible for the symptoms of schizophrenia.
What are the common side effects ?The side effects common with flupenthixol include allergic skin rash, difficulty in swallowing, blurred vision, difficulty in urination, low blood pressure, muscle cramp or twitching, inability to move eyes and skin discoloration.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Do not take the drug without doctor’s prescription.
• Avoid alcohol intake while using Anxiset.
• Avoid driving or using heavy machinery after taking the drug as it may impair the mental alertness and coordination.
• Avoid the Anxiset if an allergic reaction was seen in the past with any of its ingredients.
• Follow the instructions given by the doctor regarding the dosage of Anxiset. Do not stop taking Anxiset unless told by the physician.
• Seek doctor’s advice on the safe use of other drugs when using Anxiset.
1. What is the effect of alcohol use while on flupenthixol? Alcohol consumption can increase the flupenthixol side-effects and is, therefore, not recommended while using this drug.
2. Should I tell my dental surgeon about flupenthixol use? Yes. You need to inform the surgeon because certain anesthetic agents given during the surgery can interfere with the drug and result in increased risks with the surgery.
3. How should I protect myself from sunburn with flupenthixol? You may wear protective clothing and use sunscreen lotion with an SPF of 15 or more. Do not use sunbeds and avoid exposure to sunlight.
4. Can a diabetic patient take flupenthixol? Yes. A diabetic patient can take flupenthixol medicine but needs more frequent monitoring of the glucose levels in the blood.
5. What to do if I have a dry mouth with flupenthixol? Flupenthixol can cause dry mouth which can be managed by chewing sugar-free gums and sweets.