Anxitab 10 Mg Tablet 10
Imipramine Imipramine is used in the treatment of depression in adults. This drug is occasionally used to relieve bed-wetting habit in children aged 6 years and above. Chlordiazepoxide Chlordiazepoxide is used to relieve alcohol withdrawal symptoms and is a treatment for sleeping problems. It helps in the short-term relief of severe anxiety.
How does the drug work ?
Imipramine Imipramine belongs to the class of drugs called tricyclic antidepressant. It acts by inhibiting the chemicals in the brain which are produced excessively in people with depression. Chlordiazepoxide Chlordiazepoxide is a benzodiazepine drug which has a calming effect. It stops the EEG activity in the brain and causes sedation, improves appetite, and also reduces the pain stimulus.
What are the common side effects ?Imipramine The common imipramine side effects are a lack of coordination, tingling sensation, weakness, dryness of mouth, constipation, diarrhea, vision disturbances, ringing in ears, swelling of the breast, decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm. Chlordiazepoxide The common side effects of drowsiness, sleepiness, light-headedness, dizziness, unsteadiness, loss of balance and walking difficulties, poor muscle co-ordination, speech disorder and confusional states.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Take Anxitab drug as prescribed by the physician. Do not over dose it.
• Take Anxitab drug during night to avoid falling asleep during the day.
• Individuals taking Anxitab medication should continue the treatment at least for 6 months for better drug action.
• Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Anxitab medication as it increases the drug action in the individual.
• Do not drive or handle heavy machinery after taking Anxitab drug as it causes dizziness and drowsiness.
• Individuals suffering from kidney and liver disorders should inform the doctor before taking Anxitab medication.
• Pregnant and breastfeeding women should inform the doctor before taking Anxitab medication for safe use of the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
1. In how many days will the symptoms of depression improve with imipramine? It may take nearly 3 weeks for the improvement of depression symptoms with the imipramine medicine.
2. Do I have to inform my surgeon about using the drug imipramine? Yes. You need to inform your surgeon that you are taking imipramine for your surgeon to decide if you should stop taking the drug for some time.
3. What are the symptoms of overdose with imipramine tablets? The symptoms of overdose with imipramine tablets include fast or irregular heart rate, extreme drowsiness, fainting, or convulsions. Consult a doctor immediately for help.
4. Is it safe to drink alcohol while using imipramine? Drinking alcohol while using the drug can lead to dangerous side effects or even death. Therefore, you must avoid it.
5. How should I protect myself from sunburn with imipramine? You can wear protective clothing and use sunscreen lotion with an SPF of 30 or more. Do not use tanning beds and avoid exposure to sunlight.
6. What is the dose of imipramine medicine for depression in adults? The initial dose of imipramine drug to treat depression in adults is 100 mg per day, taken through the mouth. The maintenance dose is 100-200 mg per day. Chlordiazepoxide
1. Is chlordiazepoxide a habit forming drug? Yes. People are known to develop a dependence on chlordiazepoxide and so it should be withdrawn gradually.
2. How should I take chlordiazepoxide medicine? Chlordiazepoxide should be taken at night after which you should have an uninterrupted sleep for about 7-8 hours. This is due to the possibility of forgetfulness for some time with the drug.
3. Can I drive after taking chlordiazepoxide tablets? Do not drive after taking chlordiazepoxide because of the chances of reduced alertness, blurred vision, and dizziness with the drug.
4. What is the dose of chlordiazepoxide drug for the sleeping problem? The usual dose of chlordiazepoxide for treating sleep disorders is around 10-30 mg, to be taken before bedtime.
5. How long is the treatment with chlordiazepoxide? Usually, the treatment lasts for about 4 weeks and beyond this period the tablets are not very effective.