Anxol 5 Mg Injection 2 Ml
Diazepam is used in the treatment of anxiety, muscle spasms, and alcohol withdrawal symptoms. In combination with other drugs, it is given to treat seizures.
How does the drug work ?
Diazepam acts by balancing the chemicals in the brain, thus, controlling the disorders.
What are the common side effects ?The side effects which are common with diazepam are drowsiness, weakness and tiredness, and loss of coordination.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Anxol must be used cautiously when pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
• Anxol must be taken only when prescribed by the doctor, because it may cause addiction.
• Anxol may cause side effects such as confusion, and drowsiness. Therefore avoid performing the tasks that require mental alertness when taking the medicine.
• Avoid alcohol consumption when on Anxol medication.
• Do not discontinue the drug abruptly as it may cause withdrawal symptoms.
1. Is diazepam a habit-forming drug? Yes. Diazepam is a habit-forming medicine. So, do not misuse it.
2. What precautions should be taken by the elderly patients using diazepam? Elderly patients using diazepam are at risk of falls and should take necessary measures suggested by the doctor.
3. Is diazepam an over-the-counter drug? No. Diazepam is not an over-the-counter drug. It is available only with a prescription.
4. How long can I take diazepam? Do not take diazepam for more than 4 months unless advised by your doctor.
5. Can I drive after taking diazepam? Do not drive after taking diazepam due to the possibility of impaired alertness with the drug.