Anxolep 1 Mg Tablet 10
Clonazepam is used to treat epilepsy or seizures, panic disorder, absence infantile spasms and other conditions such as fear of public places (agoraphobia).
How does the drug work ?
Clonazepam belongs to a group of medicines called benzodiazepines. It acts by enhancing the action of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA); a signaling chemical in the brain. The increased activity of GABA helps to calm the excessive electrical nerve activity that is responsible for seizures and panic disorders.
What are the common side effects ?Clonazepam side effects include memory loss, blurred vision, altered sexual function, frequent urge to urinate, coordination disorder, dizziness, headache, sedation, increased saliva production, thickening of bronchial secretions, muscle pain, joint pain, and abnormal eye movements.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• After taking Anxolep drug, avoid activities which require alertness such as driving, operating heavy machinery.
• Consult the doctor immediately in case of confusion or inability to control muscle movements with Anxolep drug.
• Anxolep drug may be habit-forming so place it away from children or others to avoid misuse.
• Avoid alcohol while taking Anxolep as it may worsen the symptoms of drowsiness and calmness.
• Do not take Anxolep in case of allergy to any of its ingredients or the related drugs.
• Patients with breathing problems, sleep apnea or lung disease should consult the doctor before taking Anxolep.
• Patients with severe kidney, liver or lung problems, myasthenia gravis, depression, alcohol or other drugs abuse, spinal or cerebellar ataxia, porphyria should consult the doctor before taking this medication.
• Avoid Anxolep medicine in pregnancy and breast feeding as it may harm the fetus.
1. Is clonazepam drug addictive? Clonazepam is a trade name for the drug clonazepam. Prolonged use may develop dependence and addiction.
2. Is it better to take clonazepam with or without food or empty stomach? Clonazepam can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
3. Is clonazepam used to treat insomnia? No. clonazepam is not used for the treatment of insomnia. It is mainly prescribed to treat epilepsy, panic disorders or other conditions associated with fever.
4. I am on clonazepam medication; I was scheduled for a dental surgery, do I need to temporarily stop the medication? No. Do not stop the medication without consulting the doctor. Inform your dentist about your Clonazepam medication, so that they can adjust the dose of anesthesia to avoid the side effects.
5. Is it safe to continue clonazepam medication if am planning to become pregnant? No. Clonazepam is unsafe during pregnancy or planning to become pregnant and even during lactation.