Anxozap 10 Mg Tablet 10
Oxazepam is used for the treatment of anxiety and alcoholic withdrawal symptoms.
How does the drug work ?
Oxazepam belongs to the class of drugs called benzodiazepam it increases the neuronal membrane permeability to enhance the GABA inhibitory effects resulting in stabilization of the brain activity.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects associated with the administration of oxazepam medication include dizziness, constipation, decreased mental activity, depression, slurry speech, involuntary body movements, etc.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Take Anxozap medication as prescribed by the physician. Do not over use the drug more than the stipulated drug duration as it may lead to substance abuse.
• Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Anxozap medication as it may increase the effects of drug action.
• Avoid driving or handling heavy machinery after taking Anxozap medication as it decreases mental alertness and causes dizziness and drowsiness.
• Inform the doctor about use of antidepressant or sedative drugs before using Anxozap medication.
• Consult the doctor for safe use of the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
1. Does the oxazepam belong to narcotic class of drugs? No. Oxazepam is a benzodiazepine drug that does not belong to narcotic class of drugs.
2. Is oxazepam a habit forming drug? Yes, over use of oxazepam drug may produce a habit forming in nature thereby leading to drug dependence.
3.Can I take moderate amount of alcohol while using Oxazepam?? Avoid consuming alcohol while using oxazepam medication.
4. What can be the rare side effects of Oxazepam? The rare side effects of oxazepam include memory impairment, amnesia and hepatic dysfunction.
5. What special precautions should I take while using oxazepam? There may be alterations in the liver enzymes and total blood count, therefore monitoring these values is recommended.