Anzen 2.5 Mg Tablet 10
Letrozole is used alone or in combination with other drugs to treat certain types of breast cancer. It is also used to treat cancer in women after menopause. It also prevents cancers from relapse.
How does the drug work ?
Letrozole is an aromatase inhibitor. It acts by inhibiting estrogen. Estrogen makes the tumor cells to grow faster. Letrozole decreases the amount of estrogen produced in the body and facilitates slow growth or kills the cancer cells.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of letrozole are diarrhea, abdominal pain, hair loss, muscle pain, joint pain, skin of redness and swelling, sore mouth, dry mouth, vomiting, and weakness.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Patients with extremely low white blood cell counts should not use Anzen drug.
• Women who are pregnant or planning to become pregnant should not use Anzen medication.
• Persons with allergic reactions to certain foods or substances that contain albumin should not take Anzen.
• Avoid taking Anzen in the conditions such as heart attack, irregular heartbeat, bone marrow problems, blood problems, or liver problems as the condition may intensify Anzen side effects.
• The use of Anzen in breastfeeding women is unsafe.
• The dosage of Anzen and duration of treatment will be suggested by the doctor. Do not self-medicate or stop using the Letrozole abruptly.
1. Does letrozole increases tongue sores? Yes. letrozole may increase the severity of tongue sores.
2. I am on azole antifungals. Can I take letrozole along with it? No, antifungals and letrozole may have drug-drug interactions when taken together.
3. What are the drugs I should avoid while taking letrozole? Patients should not take carbamazepine, efavirenz, nevirapine, phenytoin, or rifampin as they may decrease the effectiveness of letrozole.
4. Does letrozole cause vision problems? Yes, prolonged use of letrozole may cause vision changes in the patients. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience such symptoms.
5. Does letrozole reduce immunity? Yes. letrozole may decrease immunity and lower the ability to fight infection.