Aobra Eye Drops 5 Ml
Tobramycin is used to treat bacterial infections of the eye such as corneal ulcers, conjunctivitis, and meibomianitis. It also treats wounds, ulcers, and skin grafts.
How does the drug work ?
Tobramycin belongs to the class of aminoglycoside antibiotics. It binds to the ribosomal subunits of the bacterial cell and inhibits protein synthesis which is essential for the growth of the bacterial cell.
What are the common side effects ?The most common side effects of tobramycin include sensitization or allergic reactions which may cause skin redness, swelling or rash, irritation, burning and hearing difficulty.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Driving and using machinery should be avoided in cases where tobramycin usage causes dizziness.
• The doctor should be informed if the patient has history of ringing in ears, any other problems with hearing, dizziness while taking Aobra.
• The doctor should be informed if the patient has neuromuscular disorders such as parkinsonism, myasthenia gravis (characterized by movement disorders and/or muscle weakness); coughing up blood in your sputum; kidney problem.
• Contact lenses should not be used during the treatment with Aobra.
• If the patient is under different treatments for cystic fibrosis, it should be followed in this order bronchodilator (e.g. salbutamol), then chest physiotherapy, followed by inhaled medicines, and then Aobra.
• This medicine should not be mixed or diluted with any other medicine in the nebulizer.
• Aobra should not be used if the patient is allergic to tobramycin or any other ingredient in it.
1. What if I overdose? An overdose of tobramycin may cause drooping eyelids, increased production of liver enzyme, skin redness, numbness, ear damage etc.
2. I am experiencing ringing in ears while using tobramycin. Should I stop using it? Yes, tobramycin causes ringing in ears (tinnitus) which is one of the symptoms of ear damage. Report it to the doctor immediately.
3. Can I use tobramycin for pimples on face? Do not use tobramycin cream for face unless advised by the physician as it may damage the skin.
4. Can I use tobramycin for the treatment of itchy skin rash? tobramycin is used for treating skin problems but consult your doctor before using the cream.
5. What should I do if I forget a dose? Take the drug as soon as you remember, apply the missed dose. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with regular dosing. Avoid applying double dose to make up for a missed dose.