Aoxin Oz 200/500 Mg Tablet 10
Ofloxacin is an antibiotic used to treat upper and lower urinary tract infection, lower respiratory infection, stomach and intestinal infections. It is also used to for the prophylaxis and treatment of anthrax or plague. Ornidazole is bactericidal used for the prevention and treatment of vaginal infections, urinary tract infection, infections of the intestine and other parts of the body caused by protozoa, aerobic and anaerobic bacteria. It is also used for the prophylaxis of post-operative infections and treatment of loose motion. It is also used to treat trichomonas, amoebic dysentery, bacterial vaginosis and giardiasis.
How does the drug work ?
Ofloxacin is a fluroquinolone antibiotic which is effective against both gram negative and gram-positive bacteria. It inhibits the formation of bacterial genetic material by affecting the synthesis of DNA Gyrase, an enzyme essential for replication of bacterial DNA. Therefore, ofloxacin is used for the treatment of bacterial infections. Ornidazole is a 5-nitroimidazole derivative that has bactericidal action. It kills the disease causing bacteria by destroying the bacterial DNA. It is highly effective for the treatment of bacterial and protozoal infections.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of ofloxacin are vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, dizziness, dry mouth, altered taste, fatigue, headache, loss of appetite, pain, itching and burning sensation in the vagina, pain in urethra, and flatulence The most commonly reported side effects of ornidazole are dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting, insomnia, unusual tastes, itching, numbness and confusion.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Aoxin OZ should not be used by the individuals who are hypersensitive to the drug.
• Safe use of Aoxin OZ in pregnant women requires medical supervision. Lactating women should discontinue the drug considering the benefits and risks, under the guidance of a doctor.
• Aoxin OZ should not be stored at a temperature above 25?C.
• Aoxin OZ drug can be taken with or without food. However, it is best to take the medication after food with a glass of water.
• Didanosine, sucralfate, vitamins, iron or zinc medications, and antacids should not be taken simultaneously with the drug due to the risk of Aoxin OZ side effects; an interval of 2 hours should be maintained before and after taking the drug.
• Aoxin OZ medicine may cause sensitivity to sun, so avoid exposure to the sun, wear protective clothes, and use sunscreen.
• Aoxin OZ medication may alter blood glucose levels, so patients with diabetes should undergo regular monitoring of blood glucose levels.
• Aoxin OZ drug is contraindicated in patients having myasthenia gravis and for children younger than 18 years of age.
• Antibiotics cause mild diarrhea. Consult your physician if the symptoms of diarrhea worsen.
1. How should I use this medication? Ofloxacin should be taken with or without food preferably after food with a glass of water.
2. Are there any storage precautions for ofloxacin? Store the medication at room temperature (25°C) and away from direct heat and sunlight. Keep the drug out of reach of children.
3. Can I take paracetamol/ibuprofen with ofloxacin? Yes. It is safe to take ofloxacin with paracetamol/ibuprofen as there are no drug interactions reported for these two drugs. However, consult your physician before use.
4. Does Ofloxacin treat pink eye/chlamydia/ear infections? Ofloxacin is an antibiotic and can be used to treat pink eye (conjunctivitis), ear infection and infection due to chlamydia.
5. Can I take Ofloxacin for viral infections such as cold or flu? No. Ofloxacin is not effective against viral diseases such as cold or flu. Ornidazole
1. How should I use this medication? Ornidazole should not be taken on empty stomach. Take the medication after food with a glass of water. However, consult your physician before use.
2. Are there any storage precautions for ornidazole? Store the medication at room temperature (25°C) and away from direct heat and sunlight. Keep the drug out of reach of children.
3. Is ornidazole effective for amoebic dystentry? Yes. Ornidazole is effective against protozoal infections such as amoebic dystentry
4. Can I take any other medications along with ornidazole? You must discuss with your doctor before taking any other medications.
5. Is ornidazole effective against sexually transmitted diseases? Yes. A combination of Ofloxacin and Ornidazole is effective to reduce the symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases.