Apc Mr Tablet 10
Aceclofenac: Aceclofenac is a NSAID, i.e. non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug used to treat mild to moderate pain and inflammation. It is effective in the treatment of pain and swelling of joints (osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis) and relieves inflammation of the vertebrae (ankylosing spondylitis) to prevent the fusion of the spine bones. Paracetamol: Paracetamol is mainly used to relieve fever and mild to moderate pain. Paracetamol is used to treat the most common conditions such as headache, toothache, ear pain, joint pain, and pain during menstruation. It is also prescribed to treat the discomfort during feverish colds and flu. Chlorzoxazone: Chlorzoxazone is used to treat discomfort caused due to muscle spasms. It also helps in relieving the pain and stiffness that occur due to muscle sprain.
How does the drug work ?
Aceclofenac: Aceclofenac is a prostaglandin synthesis inhibitor. Thus, the prostaglandin effects such as sensitization of the spinal nerves to the painful stimuli, inflammation associated with vasodilation, and elevation of body temperature by the stimulation of thyroid gland are not produced. Paracetamol: Paracetamol belongs to the class of drugs known as antipyretics (fever reducing) and analgesics (painkiller). Paracetamol acts on the temperature-regulating region of the brain, which results in increased blood flow across the skin which causes sweating and heat loss thereby reducing fever. It acts as a painkiller by increasing the pain threshold Clorzoxaone: Chlorzoxazone is a skeletal muscle relaxant. It acts on the spinal cord and blocks the nerve impulses. Blockade of nerve impulse causes muscle relaxation and reduces the muscle stiffness.
What are the common side effects ?Aceclofenac: The common side effects of aceclofenac are redness and itching of the skin, dizziness, indigestion, abdominal pain, nausea, heartburn, diarrhea, and an increase in the liver enzymes. Paracetamol: The most common side effects of paracetamol include allergic reactions such as redness, swelling or rash. It can also cause running nose, facial swelling and blisters on the skin. Chlorzoxazone: The common side effects of chlorzoxazone include dizziness or lightheadedness, body pains, nausea, drowsiness, and liver toxicity.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Do not use Apc Mr Medicine if allergic to any of the ingredients in it.
• Do not consume alcohol when using Apc Mr Medicine.
• Take medical consultation before using Apc Mr Medicine during pregnancy and breast feeding.
• Acp Mr Medicine should be taken after meals.
• Avoid prolong use of Apc Mr Medicine to prevent from stomach bleeding and kidney problems.
1. I have taken mifepristone to terminate my pregnancy. Can I take aceclofenac for a backache? Do not take aceclofenac at least for 8-12 days after taking mifepristone. You may consult your doctor for a safer use of the drug.
2. How should I take the aceclofenac tablets? It is preferable to take aceclofenac tablets with food, i.e. after eating.
3. Can I drive or operate machines after taking the aceclofenac tablet? You should refrain from driving or using machinery which requires alertness because aceclofenac may cause side effects such as dizziness and drowsiness.
4. Can I give aceclofenac for my 15-year-old child for pain relief? The medicine is not indicated for the children less than 18 years of age.
5. What should I do if I experience nausea after taking aceclofenac? Consume simple foods instead of spicy foods if you experience nausea after taking the drug. Paracetamol:
1. Is paracetamol safe for my baby with tooth pain? Yes, paracetamol can relieve pain in infants and children. You must seek medical advice before giving the medication.
2. Does paracetamol make me drowsy? No. But when, paracetamol is taken in the combination form such as Sinarest, and then you may feel drowsy.
3. Does paracetamol cause death? Yes, chronic use of paracetamol or overdose may severely damage the liver which may lead to death.
4. Is paracetamol safe during pregnancy? Paracetamol alone is relatively safe but consult your doctor before taking the medication.
5. Can paracetamol be safely used with other non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)? Yes, paracetamol is safe when taken with other NSAIDS. Take the drug only when prescribed. Clorzoxazone:
1. I am on Citalopram for depression. Can I take chlorzoxazone? No, co-administration of Citalopram and chlorzoxazone will interact. So, avoid taking concomitantly.
2. Are there any storage precautions for chlorzoxazone? Store the medication at room temperature (25°C) and away from direct heat. Keep the drug out of reach of children.
3. What are the symptoms of overdosage? The symptoms of overdosage include gastrointestinal abnormalities such as vomiting, mausea, abdominal tenderness, diarrhea, lightheadedness, or headache.
4. Can I take propoxyphene with chlorzoxazone? No. Use of propoxyphene with chlorzoxazone may increase the severity of the side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty in paying attention. Consult your doctor before taking the drug.
5. Do I report the doctor for experiencing urine discoloration due to the use of the drug? No. discoloration of the urine is a common side effect of the chlorzoxazone.