Apdrops Dm Drops 5 Ml
Moxifloxacin: Moxifloxacin is used for treating bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, abdominal infections, infections of the female upper genital tract, and infections of skin and eye. Dexamethasone: Dexamethasone is used to treat inflammatory conditions including arthritis, ulcerative colitis, allergic disorders, breathing problems, lupus psoriasis, etc.
How does the drug work ?
Moxifloxacin: Moxifloxacin is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic. Moxifloxacin acts by killing both gram positive and gram negative bacteria therefore known as a broad spectrum antibiotic. Moxifloxacin acts by inhibiting and killing the growth of bacteria by interfering with the activity of DNA gyrase and Topoisomerase IV enzymes involved in DNA processes. Dexamethasone: Dexamethasone is a corticosteroid drug which acts by preventing the release of inflammatory mediators.
What are the common side effects ?Moxifloxacin: Moxifloxacin side effects include nausea and vomiting, abdominal pain, heartburn, flatulence, dry mouth, altered taste, white spots in the mouth, white patches on the tongue, white spots in the throat, headache, increased sweating, loss of appetite, mouth ulcer, vaginal itching, weakness, constipation, and diarrhea Dexamethasone: The side effects which are common with dexamethasone are blurring vision, weight gain, bone thinning disorders, an increase in blood pressure, unusual hair growth.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Do not use Apdrops Dm Medicine if allergic to any of the ingredients in it.
• Stop using Apdrops Dm medicine and immediately consult the doctor if symptoms like pain, swelling, tenderness, stiffness, and bruising develop.
• Avoid using Apdrops Dm medicine during pregnancy and breast feeding without consulting a doctor.
• Avoid using Apdrops Dm medicine in case of glaucoma and diabetes.
• Consult a doctor before using Apdrops Dm medicine in case of any kidney or liver disease.
• Use Apdrops Dm medicine only when prescribed by the doctor..
1. Is moxifloxacin available in other dosage forms other than tablets? Yes, moxifloxacin is available as eye drops along with tablets.
2. Is it safe to take moxifloxacin with food or without food? Moxifloxacin can be taken with food or without food. But it is better to take the medicine at a fixed time.
3. Is it safe to take alcohol while on moxifloxacin medication? It is generally safe to take alcohol while taking moxifloxacin medication but however, consult the doctor for the safe use.
4. Does moxifloxacin pass through the breast milk? Yes, moxifloxacin pass through breast milk, patients who are breastfeeding should avoid this medication.
5. Can moxifloxacin be used to treat skin infections? Yes, moxifloxacin is effective against few bacterial skin infections. Dexamethasone:
1. Should I inform my doctor about a scheduled surgery while using dexamethasone? Yes. You need to inform your doctor about dexamethasone use before undergoing surgery because your doctor may adjust the dose of dexamethasone.
2. Can I stop taking the dexamethasone medicine if I feel better? No. Do not stop taking the medicine unless your doctor has suggested you because it may result in withdrawal symptoms.
3. How to store the dexamethasone tablets? Store the dexamethasone tablets in a dry and cool place. Do not keep the medicine in reach of children.
4. What are the symptoms of an overdose with dexamethasone? An overdose of dexamethasone can result in easy bleeding and bruising, menstrual problems, and a decrease in libido.
5. What to do in case of I forget to take a dose of dexamethasone? Take the missed dose immediately, as soon as you remember. If it is the time for next dose then skip the missed dose.