Apdrops Xg Injection 5 Ml
Moxifloxacin is used for bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, abdominal infections, infections of the female upper genital tract, and infections of skin and eye.
How does the drug work ?
Moxifloxacin is classified under a group of antibiotics known as fluoroquinolones. Moxifloxacin acts by killing both gram positive and gram negative bacteria therefore known as a broad spectrum antibiotic. Moxifloxacin acts by inhibiting bacterial enzymes such as DNA gyrase and topoisomerase IV which are involved in DNA processes that are essential for bacterial growth and survival thereby killing them.
What are the common side effects ?Moxifloxacin side effects include nausea and vomiting, abdominal pain, heartburn, flatulence, dry mouth, altered taste, white spots in the mouth, white patches on the tongue, white spots in the throat, headache, increased sweating, loss of appetite, mouth ulcer, vaginal itching, weakness, constipation, and diarrhea
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid Apdrops XG medicine in case of pregnancy and breast feeding.
• Avoid using any other medicines while using Apdrops XG medicine.
• Do not touch the eyelids or area of the eyelid with the tip of the dropper.
• Close the bottle tightly when not in use.
• Do not share or suggest this eye drops with other person without doctor’s prescription.
1. Is moxifloxacin available in other dosage forms other than tablets? Yes, moxifloxacin is available as eye drops along with tablets.
2. Is it safe to take moxifloxacin with food or without food? Moxifloxacin can be taken with food or without food. But it is better to take the medicine at a fixed time.
3. Is it safe to take alcohol while on moxifloxacin medication? It is generally safe to take alcohol while taking moxifloxacin medication but however, consult the doctor for the safe use.
4. Does moxifloxacin pass through the breast milk? Yes, moxifloxacin pass through breast milk, patients who are breastfeeding should avoid this medication.
5. Can moxifloxacin be used to treat skin infections? Yes, moxifloxacin is effective against few bacterial skin infections.