Aphyl 10 Mg/1Ml Syrup 100 Ml
Acebrohylline is used to treat signs and symptoms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma. It is also used to prevent symptoms associated with chronic bronchitis, sinusitis, and dried rhinitis. Additionally, it used to treat lung inflammation, cough, and difficulty in breathing.
How does the drug work ?
Acebrophylline acts by inhibiting intracellular phosphodiesterase enzyme which reduces cAMP levels and induces bronchial muscle relaxation. Acebrophylline reduces inflammation by inhibiting pro-inflammatory mediators and reduces the inflammation and obstruction in the airway.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects reported for acebrophylline are abdominal distension, diarrhea, heartburn, loss of appetite, esophageal bleeding, rashes, urticaria, itching, shortness of breath, gastrointestinal discomfort, and epigastric pain.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Aphyl is contraindicated in the patients with acute myocardial infarction, hypotension, hepatic and renal disorders, and hyperthyroidism.
• Avoid taking chocolates or caffeinated drinks while using acebrophylline.
• Aphyl should not be taken concomitantly with clindamycin, erythromycin, barbiturates, and quinolone derivatives.
• Taking acebrophylline with food helps avoid gastrointestinal discomfort.
• Patients who are allergic to theophylline or xanthine derivatives should not take Aphyl drug.
• Do not chew or crush the tablet as it may affect the pharmacokinetics of the Aphyl drug and increase its side effects.
• Pregnant women should avoid using an acebrophylline drug in the last trimester of pregnancy.
1. I am on anticoagulants. Can I use acebrophylline? No, anticoagulants may interact with acebrophylline, impacting ist efficacy.
2. I am suffering from epilepsy. Can I take acebrophylline? Patients suffering from epilepsy should use acebrophylline only if recommended. Consult your doctor for further information.
3. I am prescribed acebrophylline. What care should I take while using the drug? Monitor your breathing pattern regularly. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery. Consult the doctor and have regular health checkups.
4. What is the recommended dose of acebrophylline? Dosage and usage depend on the severity of the conditions and the patient’s medical history. Talk to the doctor before taking the medication.
5. What is the effect of AB Phylline in pregnant and lactating women? AB Phylline tablet is not safe in pregnant and lactating women.