Apilysin 5 Ml Syrup 200 Ml
Cyproheptadine is used to relieve allergy symptoms of food, blood, and plasma. It also acts as an appetite stimulant. Cyproheptadine treats mild and complicated urticaria. Additionally, cyproheptadine is used to treat running nose, watery eyes, itching nose, sneezing, and hives. Tricholine citrate is used to treat certain liver disorders. It is also given to treat high cholesterol levels in the blood. Sorbitol is a laxative agent which is given to treat constipation.
How does the drug work ?
Cyproheptadine belongs to antihistamine. Histamine is a natural substance that occurs in the body. Histamine when binds to certain receptors cause allergic reactions. Cyproheptadine blocks the binding of histamine to its receptors and restricts the action of histamine that causes allergic reactions. Tricholine citrate works by preventing the reabsorption of bile acids from the intestine by binding to them. Thus, the liver produces more bile acids by using cholesterol, thereby, reducing its levels. Sorbitol produces its effects by increasing the water absorption through the intestine. Thus, the stools get softened and get readily eliminated.
What are the common side effects ?The common reported side effects of cyproheptadine are drowsiness, dizziness, dry mouth, dry throat, and dry nose, difficulty during urination, excitement, headache, muscle weakness, blurred vision, and chest congestion Side effects which are common with tricholine citrate are nasal congestion, chest congestion, dry throat or nose, headache, nausea, nervousness and vision disorders. The common side effects of sorbitol are mild nausea, gas, stomach cramps and rectal irritation.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid consuming alcoholic drinks after taking Apilysin drug as it increases the risk of side effects.
• Avoid driving or using heavy machinery after taking Apilysin drug as it causes dizziness and weakness.
• People suffering from various diseases or using drug to treat various infections or illness should inform the doctor before taking Apilysin medication.
• People suffering from hepatic and renal disorders should inform the doctor about the condition for altering the dose of the drug.
• Pregnant and lactating women should consult the doctor before taking Apilysin drug for safe use.
1. What are the drugs that are contraindicated with cyproheptadine? Patients should not use drugs such as antihistamines or monoamine-oxidase inhibitors with cyproheptadine as these drugs may have drug-drug interactions.
2. What is the specific dosage for cyproheptadine? The dosage of cyproheptadine based on the age medical condition and weight of the body.
3. How to take cyproheptadine? Cyproheptadine can be taken with or without food through the mouth with a glass full of water. It is taken usually 2-3 times a day.
4. Is cyproheptadine safe during breastfeeding? No, patients who are breastfeeding should not use cyproheptadine drug.
5. When should I avoid taking cyproheptadine? The patient should not take cyproheptadine if they are allergic to medicines, and any foods. it is avoided if you have taken MOA inhibitor with last 14 days. Tricholine citrate
1. Can I drive after taking the tricholine citrate? No. Do not drive unless you know how you react to the medicine.
2. What is the dose of tricholine citrate? The dose and duration of tricholine citrate are prescribed by a physician based on your condition.
3. How to take tricholine citrate? You may take the tricholine citrate medicine with or without food. Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully.
4. Can a pregnant woman take tricholine citrate? No. Tricholine citrate should not be used by pregnant women unless there are no other alternative drugs available.
5. What to do in case of an overdose with tricholine citrate? Call up for immediate medical help if you notice the symptoms of overdose with tricholine citrate. Sorbitol
1. Does sorbitol cause addiction? No. sorbitol does not induce dependence or addiction.
2. How long can I take sorbitol? You should not take sorbitol for more than 6 weeks unless instructed by your doctor.
3. What if I miss a dose of sorbitol? Take the missed dose immediately as you remember. If it is too late, then skip the missed dose and continue with the next dose at its normal time.
4. What should I do in case of dizziness with sorbitol? Avoid activities which need alertness. Immediately lie down, slowly in case you feel dizzy with sorbitol.
5. What are the symptoms of overdose with sorbitol? An overdose of sorbitol can lead to confusion, aggressiveness, convulsions, breathing difficulty, changes in heart rate and fainting.