Apizine 5 Mg Syrup 200 Ml
Promethazine is used to relieve symptoms of allergies such as rhinitis, sore throat, stuffy nose, runny nose, itchy eyes, cough, and hay fever.
How does the drug work ?
Promethazine belongs to the class of antihistamines. Histamine is an inflammatory mediator that is released from mast cells in response to allergic reactions. The release of histamines results in allergic symptoms. Promethazine blocks the release of histamines, thus causing reduction of the allergy symptoms.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of promethazine are headache, dry mouth, weakness, drowsiness, palpitations, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and nausea.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Do not take Apizine if a history of allergic response has been experienced with any of the ingredients present in Apizine composition.
• Alcohol and smoke can increase the risk of liver injury with Apizine drug.
• Usage of Apizine for cold relief is contraindicated in infants, children, and elderly people.
• People with severe hypertension, active and severe liver disease, abnormal heart rhythms should avoid the use of Apizine medicine.
• People with hyperthyroidism, narrow-angle glaucoma, prostatic hypertrophy, and kidney insufficiency should use Apizine with caution.
• Apizine can interact with the other drugs that may increase the side effects of Apizine or may reduce its efficacy. So talk with the doctor for the safe use and dosage of Apizine.
• Do not drive or operate machinery or any other such activity which requires high mental alertness.
1. What should I do if I miss a dose? If you forget to take the medication at the usual time, you must take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, you must skip the missed dose. Do not take double dose.
2. What are the storage precautions for promethazine? Promethazine must be stored at room temperature (25°C) and away from direct heat. Keep the drug out of reach of children.
3. What long-term effects I might experience with promethazine? Use of promethazine for long term may cause weight gain. It impairs liver functioning and may increase the risk of liver disorders.
4. Is promethazine used for the treatment of insomnia? Yes. Promethazine has a sedative effect, it reduces wakefulness and can be used to treat sleeping disorders such insomnia.
5. What are the medications I should avoid while taking promethazine? Drugs which belong to lithium, atropine, blood thinners, bronchodilators, and MAO inhibitors should not be taken along with promethazine.