Appamide Plus 5/0.8 % Eye Drops 5 Ml
Phenylephrine: Phenylephrine is a decongestant used for stuffy nose and sinus relief which are caused by common cold or seasonal nasal allergies. This decongestant is a part of sinusitis and bronchitis treatment as it can relieve the symptoms associated with the conditions. Tropicamide: Tropicamide is used for dilation of the eyes during examination or before surgery. It also prevents eye from focusing. Tropicamide is also used for inflammation of uvea, middle layer of the eye.
How does the drug work ?
Phenylephrine: Phenylephrine constricts the blood vessels by stimulating the receptors on them. This relieves nasal congestion by decreasing the flow of blood in the blood vessels of nose. Tropicamide: Tropicamide belongs to the class called anti cholinergics. It acts by dilating the pupil by relaxing the muscles of the eye. It widens the pupil and allows examining the eye clearly.
What are the common side effects ?Phenylephrine: The most common side effects associated with phenylephrine include nausea, dizziness, shortness of breath, difficulty in urination, facial swelling, headache, high blood pressure, loss of appetite, rash, restlessness, and irregularity in heart rate. Tropicamide: The commonly reported side effects of tropicamide are burning, stinging, redness of the eye, eye irritation, blurred vision, confusion, fainting, and vision changes..
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid smoking when using Appamide plus medicine.
• Use Appamide plus medicine only on medical prescription.
• Appamide plus medication is recommended at bed time.
• Avoid using Appamide plus Medicine if allergic to any of the ingredients in it.
• Stop using Appamide plus medicine if red or inflamed eyes are developed.
• Avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if blurred vision is experienced after using Appamide plus medicine.
1. Is phenylephrine safe in older adults? Older adults with conditions such as high blood pressure and irregular heart rate should avoid the use of phenylephrine as it worsens the condition. Before taking any tablet consult your doctor.
2. Does phenylephrine cause drowsiness? No. Phenylephrine do not cause drowsiness but when taken in combination with other drugs such as clorpheniramine, it can cause sedation.
3. Is pseudoephedrine similar to phenylephrine in usage? Yes, both the drugs are used as nasal decongestants that relieves stuffy nose.
4. Is phenylephrine available over the counter? Yes, but phenylephrine is banned in few countries.
5. How can tab phenylephrine help in sinusitis and bronchitis treatment? Phenylephrine can help to treat the symptoms of sinusitis and bronchitis. Tropicamide:
1. Is it safe to take alcohol while using Tropicamide? There are no adverse effects reported for Tropicamide medication with alcohol. However, consult your doctor for safe use of the medication.
2. Is it safe to use Tropicamide along with pilocarpine? No. The combination of pilocarpine and Tropicamide is unsafe and should be avoided.
3. Can Tropicamide be used for mountain sickness? Yes. Tropicamide can be used to treat mountain sickness. Talk with your doctor before using the drug for mountain sickness.
4. Does Tropicamide treat seizures? Yes. Tropicamide can treats symptoms of seizures by blocking nerve discharges that contribute to seizures.
5. In which conditions, I should avoid Tropicamide? Patients with adrenal gland problems, low blood potassium and sodium levels, kidney and liver problems (cirrhosis), or other electrolyte problems should avoid Tropicamide drug.