Appatim 0.5 % Eye Drops 5 Ml
Timolol is used to treat glaucoma which is characterized by increased pressure in the eye and which may lead to blindness. Timolol is also used to treat high blood pressure, arrhythmias, prevent angina and improve survival chances post heart attack. Timolol is also used to treat headaches due to migraine.
How does the drug work ?
Timolol belongs to a group of drugs known as beta-blockers. In the eye, timolol decreases fluid production and thus decreases the pressure. Timolol acts by relaxing the blood vessels thereby reducing the blood pressure, making heart relax and pump blood at a slower rate for heart attack patients.
What are the common side effects ?The side effects of timolol include nausea, pain, numbness, increased sensitivity to light, cramping pain, crusting in eyelids, abnormal sensation in skin, altered sleep, blurred vision, constipation, dizziness, eye discharge, dry eye, altered taste, eye infection, eye pain, diarrhea, eye irritation, headache, impotence, corneal erosion, itching, limb swelling, rash, tingling sensation, vomiting, and weakness.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Patients with past allergic reactions to beta-blockers or sympathomimetics should not take Appatim medication.
• Appatim ingredients may cause dizziness and fainting. It may also lower blood pressure. So avoid consuming alcohol to reduce the side effects of Appatim.
• Appatim uses under weigh when taken in pregnant women. So avoid using Appatim medicine during pregnancy.
• Avoid Appatim drug in the conditions of diabetes, thyroid disorders, liver or kidney dysfunction.
• Appatim is unsafe for lactating women, as Appatim ingredients are known to pass into breast milk.
1. Does timolol eye drops need to be refrigerated? No. Timolol containing eye drops should not be refrigerated.
2. Is timolol also used to lower blood pressure? Yes. Timolol is used to lower blood pressure apart from treating glaucoma.
3. Am allergic to metoprolol, is it safe to take timolol? Metoprolol and timolol belong to the same group of medicines, so consult your doctor before taking the medicine.
4. Is it safe to take alcohol while on timolol medication? Timolol and alcohol may show additive effects in lowering the blood pressure. Patients may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, or changes in pulse when they take alcohol along with timolol.
5. Is it safe to use timolol eye drops during pregnancy? No. Timolol eye drops are unsafe to be used during pregnancy.