Appatoba Eye Drops 5 Ml
Tobramycin: Tobramycin is used to treat bacterial infections of the eye such as corneal ulcers, conjunctivitis, and meibomianitis. It also treats wounds, ulcers, and skin grafts. Benzalkonium chloride: Benzalkonium chloride is a preservative used in several eye preparations for removal of infections. It is also used as a preservative in medical products.
How does the drug work ?
Tobramycin: Tobramycin belongs to the class of aminoglycoside antibiotics. It binds to the ribosomal subunits of the bacterial cell and inhibits protein synthesis which is essential for the growth of the bacterial cell. Benzalkonium Chloride: Benzalkonium chloride is a preservative. It kills the organisms that may contaminate the medicinal product. It affects the cytoplasmic membrane of the infective organism and inhibits the cell permeability.
What are the common side effects ?Tobramycin: The most common side effects of tobramycin include sensitization or allergic reactions which may cause skin redness, swelling or rash, irritation, burning and hearing difficulty. Benzalkonium chloride: The common benzalkonium chloride side effects include stinging, nausea, and headache. However, these are not very common.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid using Appatoba medicine if allergic to any of the ingredients in it.
• Avoid using other drugs or herbal supplements when using Appatoba medicine.
• Consult the doctor before taking Appatoba medicine during pregnancy or breast feeding.
• If Appatoba medicine causes dizziness or drowsiness do not drive or operate heavy machinery.
• Appatoba medicine must be avoided in people who have severe burns, deep wounds or animal bites.
• Use Appatoba medicine only on medical prescription.
1. What if I overdose? An overdose of tobramycin may cause drooping eyelids, increased production of liver enzyme, skin redness, numbness, ear damage etc.
2. I am experiencing ringing in ears while using tobramycin. Should I stop using it? Yes, tobramycin causes ringing in ears (tinnitus) which is one of the symptoms of ear damage. Report it to the doctor immediately.
3. Can I use tobramycin for pimples on face? Do not use tobramycin cream for face unless advised by the physician as it may damage the skin.
4. Can I use tobramycin for the treatment of itchy skin rash? tobramycin is used for treating skin problems but consult your doctor before using the cream.
5. What should I do if I forget a dose? Take the drug as soon as you remember, apply the missed dose. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with regular dosing. Avoid applying double dose to make up for a missed dose. Benzalkonium chloride:
1. How should I store benzalkonium chloride? Store the product in a cool and dry place, and away from children. Discard the medicine after its expiry date.
2. Will I develop dependence to benzalkonium chloride? Certain preparations containing benzalkonium chloride can induce dependence and are known to be abused by some people.
3. How to use benzalkonium chloride medicine? Apply the benzalkonium chloride medicine exactly as suggested by your doctor.
4. What if I forget a dose of benzalkonium chloride? Take the dose as soon as you notice, if it is not too late. Otherwise, continue with the regular schedule.
5. Can I use benzalkonium chloride for ear problems? Benzalkonium chloride is used for eye infections, you must discuss with doctor before using the medicine for other purposes.