Appavisc Hv Injection 2 Ml
The drug is used to relieve burning sensation of the eye, irritation and discomfort due to dry eye condition. Genteal lubricant eye drops are also used to aid insertion of hard contact lenses and increased comfort during wearing contact lenses. Genteal drops are indicated to aid certain eye examinations and surgeries.
How does the drug work ?
It belongs to a group of medicines known as eye lubricants or artificial tears. Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose reduces the dryness and irritation by wetting and lubricating the surface of the eye.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of hydroxypropylmethylcellulose include blurred vision, eye pain, and eye irritation.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Patients using Apaavisc HV medicine should consult the doctor in case of eye pain, headache, vision changes, redness or irritation in the eye persists or worsens.
• Do not use any other ophthalmic medication for at least 5 min after using Apaavisc HV.
• Remove the contact lenses before using hydroxypropylmethylcellulose eye drops and wait at least 15 min before inserting them again.
• Do not touch the eyelids or surrounding areas of the eye with the dropper tip to avoid contamination.
• Do not use the Apaavisc HV if there are any changes in the color or becomes cloudy.
• Patients may experience brief blurring of vision immediately upon use of hydroxypropylmethylcellulose eye drops. Wait until vision has cleared before driving or operating machinery.
• Patients who are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding should consult the doctor before using hydroxypropylmethylcellulose drops.
1. Is hydroxypropylmethylcellulose safe? Yes. Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose is safe when used at prescribed doses.
2. I am experiencing dry eye syndrome due to extended use of computer screen, can I use Genteal eye drops? Yes, Genteal dry drops lubricate the eyes and reduce the dry eye syndrome due extended use of computer screen.
3. Is it safe to use Genteal eye drops before undergoing eye examination? Yes, Genteal eye drops are indicated to aid certain eye examinations.
4. Is it safe to take Genteal eye drops with food or without food? Genteal eye drops can be taken with or without food. But it is better to take it at a fixed time.
5. Can I use Genteal eye drops if am wearing contact lenses? No. Remove the lens before using eye drops and insert them back again after 15 minutes.