Apred(Acron) 5 Mg Tablet 10
Prednisolone drug is used to reduce inflammation associated with various disorders such as allergies, blood disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, respiratory diseases, gastro-intestinal disorders and skin disorders. Prednisolone tablets are also used as a medicine to treat eye swelling caused by allergy, infection, injury or other conditions.
How does the drug work ?
Prednisolone which is a steroid that belongs to a class of drugs known as glucocorticosteroids. It increases the level of corticosteroids present in the body which in turn helps in blocking the production of inflammatory chemicals (prostaglandins and leukotrienes). It thus, reduces the swelling, pain and redness associated with inflammation.
What are the common side effects ?The most common side effects of omnacortil include aggression, anxiety, personality and behavioral changes, mental depression, absence of menstrual periods, mood swings, blurred vision, eye swelling, dizziness, headache, delayed wound healing, heart burn, fatigue, muscle stiffness and weakness, insomnia, increased sweating, skin redness etc.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid using Apred in case of any allergic conditions.
• Do not use Apred if there is a history of heart, kidney, liver disease, mental disorders or depression, mania or bi-polar disorders.
• Do not take a live vaccine while using Apred.
• Consult the doctor for the dosage before using the drug to treat inflammation, irritation and redness.
• Avoid being near people who are sick as Apred medicine weakens the immune system, making it easy for the infection to get in or worsens the existing infection.
• Do not take over dosage of prednisolone.
1. Can I use prednisolone for a long period of time? It is not advised to stay on prednisolone for long periods of time as it may cause side effects such as osteoporosis, indigestion, stomach pains, muscle weakness and cataract.
2. Can prednisolone medicine be given to children? Yes, prednisolone is recommended for children to reduce wheezing, however consult your doctor before taking the medication.
3. Is prednisolone the same as prednisone? No, prednisolone is an active metabolite of prednisone. Both of them are corticosteroids but used for treating different indications.
4. Is the use of medicine, prednisolone safe during pregnancy? It is advisable to consult your doctor before administering the medication.
5. Does prednisolone cause hair loss or weight gain? Yes, the use prednisolone may cause side effects such as hair loss and weight gain. Please report to your doctor if you experience any such symptoms.