Apriset Kit 125/80 Mg Capsule 1
Aprepitant is given to prevent nausea and vomiting in children and adults. It is given before cancer chemotherapy or surgeries.
How does the drug work ?
Aprepitant acts by blocking the action of chemical substances that trigger vomiting or nausea.
What are the common side effects ?The side effects which can occur with aprepitant are indigestion, stomach pain, constipation, diarrhea, cough, weakness, dizziness, and headache.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Do not take the Apriset Kit if an allergic response was seen in the past with the use of aprepitant.
• Apriset Kit are for use in children above 12 years and adults. While other forms such as Apriset Kit may be given to younger children.
• Co-administration of pimozide and Apriset Kit medicine is not recommended. It can result in serious drug interaction.
• Patients with liver disease need more frequent monitoring of liver function tests during Apriset Kit drug use.
• Women of child-bearing age should use additional birth control pills while on Apriset Kit medication. Women who are pregnant, planning for pregnancy or are breast-feeding should tell the doctor before taking Apriset Kit.
1. How to take aprepitant drug before surgery? You should take a single dose of aprepitant, one hour before the surgery.
2. Can I get relief from existing vomiting with aprepitant? No. Aprepitant only prevents vomiting from occurring. It does not treat the existing condition.
3. How long should I use birth control pills while using aprepitant? You should take birth control pills during and 2 months after the therapy with aprepitant.
4. Can I use machinery after taking aprepitant capsule? No. It is not advisable to drive after taking the aprepitant capsule as it can alter your alertness.
5. What to do if I forget to take a dose of aprepitant? Take the missed dose immediately as you remember. But if it is nearly time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and take the next dose at its usual time.