Apronin 500000 Iu Injection 1
Aprotinin is recommended in the treatment of hemorrhage and is also used to prevent blood loss during a surgery.
How does the drug work ?
Aprotinin is a proteinase inhibitor which acts by inhibiting the formation of factor XII a, which further inhibits the coagulation and fibinolysis.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects associated with Aprotinin are nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid Apronin drug along with anti-viral drugs, as anti-viral drugs reduces the effects of Aprogen drug.
• Consult a doctor before using Apronin drug during pregnancy and breast feeding.
• Maintain caution while using Apronin drug in case of any liver or kidney diseases.
• Inform the doctor about the entire medical and medication history before taking Apronin drug.
• Do not take any other OTC drugs along with Apronin drug without consulting a doctor.
1. Can Aprotinin be used in anemia? No. Aprotinin is not recommended to treat anemia.
2. Is Aprotinin safe during pregnancy? Consult a doctor before using Aprotinin during pregnancy and breast feeding.
3. Can I use Aprotinin while using alprazolam? No. Do not use Aprotinin along with alprazolam, as Aprotinin increases the effect of alprazolam.
4. Does Aprotinin prevents bleeding during surgery? Yes. Aprotinin stops and prevents bleeding during surgery.
5. What are the rare and serious side effects of Aprotinin? The rare and serious side effects of Aprotinin are severe and fatal allergic reactions, swelling of mouth, increased heart rate and chest tightness.