Aproxe 200 Mg Tablet 10
Cefpodoxime is used to treat mild to moderate infections caused by bacteria. The infections such as skin or soft tissue infection, inflammation of throat can be treated with cefpodoxime. Cefpodoxime is used to treat urinary tract infections caused by bacteria and the sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea.
How does the drug work ?
Cefpodoxime is a cephalosporin antibiotic. Cefpodoxime bactericidal action involve inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria. The active metabolite of cefpodoxime binds to the penicillin binding protein 3 and inhibits the production of peptidoglycan, which is essential for the formation of the cell wall.
What are the common side effects ?The major cefpodoxime side effects are diarrhea, loose stools, and allergic reactions like skin rashes, hives. Cefpodoxime side effects may also include breathing problems, feeling tired, headache, nausea, and vomiting.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Take Aproxe drug as prescribed by the physician. Do not take an over dose of the drug or do not discontinue the drug in the middle of the treatment as the infection gets resistant to the drug, thus leading to secondary infections.
• Individuals suffering from liver and kidney disorders should consult the doctor for altering the dose of the drug.
• Diarrhoea is the common side effect of Aproxe drug,. seek immediate medical care if the condition worsens.
• Consult a doctor immediately on noticing any rash, itching and swelling while using Aproxe medicine.
• Consult the doctor for safe use of Aproxe drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Store the drug in cool and dry place at room temperature below 25?C.
1. Does cefpodoxime treat viral infections? No, cefpodoxime treats only bacterial infections.
2. I am suffering from cold and flu. Can I use cefpodoxime to treat my condition? No, cefpodoxime is not effective against cold and flu.
3. I am using the antibiotic since 4 days. I am experiencing diarrhea. Shall I stop using the medication? Mild diarrhea is common while using the antibiotic. Do not stop the medication without consulting the doctor.
4. What are the effects of cefpodoxime in pregnant women? Cefpodoxime is safe during pregnancy. However, consult your doctor before using the medicine.
5. How to take cefpodoxime? Cefpodoxime should be taken with food, as food enhances the levels of cefpodoxime tablets and increases its absorption in the body.