Aptifresh Tablet 10
Flupenthixol: Flupenthixol is used to treat schizophrenia, a mental disorder of wrong interpretation of reality. Escitalopram: Escitalopram uses include the treatment of depression; obsessive compulsive disorder; it is the choice of drug to treat anxiety and panic disorders.
How does the drug work ?
Flupenthixol: Flupenthixol is an antipsychotic agent which acts by balancing the levels of chemicals in the brain that are responsible for the symptoms of schizophrenia. Escitalopram: Escitalopram is an antidepressant. It is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. Escitalopram helps to regulate the levels of serotonin in the brain and regulates the mood. Therefore, it is the commonly prescribed medication for depression and anxiety.
What are the common side effects ?Flupenthixol: The side effects common with flupenthixol include allergic skin rash, difficulty in swallowing, blurred vision, difficulty in urination, low blood pressure, muscle cramp or twitching, inability to move eyes and skin discoloration. Escitalopram: Escitalopram side effects include sinusitis, nausea, loss or decreased appetite, drowsiness, diarrhea, increased sweating, constipation, sexual disturbances, heartburn, running nose, fatigue and fever.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Do not take Aptifresh medicine if allergic to any of the ingredients in it.
• Do not drink alcohol when using Aptifresh medicine.
• Start and stop using Aptifresh medicine only when advised by the doctor..
• Avoid discontinuing Aptifresh medicine abruptly.
• Dose of Aptifresh medicine must be reduced slowly over 4 weeks under doctor’s guidance.
• Keep Aptifresh medicine away from children.
1. What is the effect of alcohol use while on flupenthixol? Alcohol consumption can increase the flupenthixol side-effects and is, therefore, not recommended while using this drug.
2. Should I tell my dental surgeon about flupenthixol use? Yes. You need to inform the surgeon because certain anesthetic agents given during the surgery can interfere with the drug and result in increased risks with the surgery.
3. How should I protect myself from sunburn with flupenthixol? You may wear protective clothing and use sunscreen lotion with an SPF of 15 or more. Do not use sunbeds and avoid exposure to sunlight.
4. Can a diabetic patient take flupenthixol? Yes. A diabetic patient can take flupenthixol medicine but needs more frequent monitoring of the glucose levels in the blood.
5. What to do if I have a dry mouth with flupenthixol? Flupenthixol can cause dry mouth which can be managed by chewing sugar-free gums and sweets. Escitalopram:
1. Is Escitalopram addictive? No. Using Escitalopram is not associated with any risk of addiction.
2. What is the maximum escitalopram dosage for anxiety per day? Usually, the maximum dosage of escitalopram per day for the treatment of depression is 20 mg. Consult your doctor before taking the drug.
3. What are the risks associated with the use of drug? The drug may increase the risk of suicidal thoughts and disturbances in the behavior.
4. Can I give Escitalopram to my child who is 10-years-old? No. Escitalopram drug is not approved for the use in children below 12-years of age.
5. Do I lose hair with the use of escitalopram tablet? Yes. Hair loss is a rare side effect of escitalopram tablet.