Aptiline Syrup 200 Ml
Cyproheptadine is used to relieve allergy symptoms of food, blood, and plasma. It also acts as an appetite stimulant. Cyproheptadine treats mild and complicated urticaria. Additionally, cyproheptadine is used to treat running nose, watery eyes, itching nose, sneezing, and hives.
How does the drug work ?
Cyproheptadine belongs to antihistamine. Histamine is a natural substance that occurs in the body. Histamine when binds to certain receptors cause allergic reactions. Cyproheptadine blocks the binding of histamine to its receptors and restricts the action of histamine that causes allergic reactions.
What are the common side effects ?The common reported side effects of cyproheptadine are drowsiness, dizziness, dry mouth, dry throat, and dry nose, difficulty during urination, excitement, headache, muscle weakness, blurred vision, and chest congestion.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid consuming alcoholic drinks after taking Aptiline drug as it increases the risk of side effects.
• Avoid driving or using heavy machinery after taking Aptiline drug as it causes dizziness and weakness.
• People suffering from various diseases or using drug to treat various infections or illness should inform the doctor before taking Aptiline medication.
• People suffering from hepatic and renal disorders should inform the doctor about the condition for altering the dose of the drug.
• Pregnant and lactating women should consult the doctor before taking Aptiline drug for safe use.
1. What are the drugs that are contraindicated with cyproheptadine? Patients should not use drugs such as antihistamines or monoamine-oxidase inhibitors with cyproheptadine as these drugs may have drug-drug interactions.
2. What is the specific dosage for cyproheptadine? The dosage of cyproheptadine based on the age medical condition and weight of the body.
3. How to take cyproheptadine? Cyproheptadine can be taken with or without food through the mouth with a glass full of water. It is taken usually 2-3 times a day.
4. Is cyproheptadine safe during breastfeeding? No, patients who are breastfeeding should not use cyproheptadine drug.
5. When should I avoid taking cyproheptadine? The patient should not take cyproheptadine if they are allergic to medicines, and any foods. it is avoided if you have taken MOA inhibitor with last 14 days.