Aquadol Spas 20 Mg /50Gm Injection 1 Ml
Dicyclomine is used to cure abdominal pain, irritation in the bowel and pain related to intestinal disorders. It reduces the menstrual cramps. It is used to relieve stomach pain associated with diarrhea. Diclofenac is used for stiffness, swelling, and joints pain caused by arthritis. It is also used for the acute and chronic treatment of symptoms of osteoarthritis. Diclofenac is used as an analgesic in some minor surgeries such as dental.
How does the drug work ?
Dicyclomine belongs to the class Antispasmodic and Anticholinergic. It acts by relieving the contraction of the smooth muscle. The drug restricts the activity of acetylcholine on cholinergic receptors, thus, reducing muscle contractions in the gastrointestinal tract. . The cholinergic receptors are mainly present in the muscles of the stomach. Diclofenac is an NSAID used to reduces inflammation and as a pain reliever. The anti-inflammatory effects are due to inhibition of cyclooxygenase (COX-1 and COX-2), this, in turn, inhibits prostaglandin synthesis. Inhibition of the prostaglandin synthesis results in analgesic effects of diclofenac.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of dicyclomine include severe constipation, bloating, diarrhea, heavy sweating, hot and dry skin. Sometimes patients may feel nausea, stuffy nose. Feeling of dizziness, drowsiness, weakness, blurred vision may also be present. The common side effects of diclofenac are stomach upset, constipation, discomfort, drowsiness, decrease in urine output, increased bleeding time, itching of skin, epidermal necrolysis, renal dysfunction.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Aquadol Spas drug should not be taken by the individuals who are hypersensitive to any of the active ingredients of the drug.
• Aquadol Spas medication is also not indicated for pain associated with surgery (especially CABG surgery).
• Aquadol Spas is not advisable to use for men with an enlarged prostate gland.
• Aquadol Spas drug use is contraindicated during pregnancy.
• Aquadol Spas can either reduce or increase the effects of certain drugs such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), diuretics, antacids, and blood thinners. Avoid them.
• People with asthma or wheezing attacks, abnormalities in the blood, should seek doctor’s suggestion before taking Aquadol Spas.
1. Is dicyclomine a steroid? No, dicyclomine is not a steroid, it is an antispasmodic drug.
2. Can I use dicyclomine to treat diarrhea? Dicyclomine has no known effects on treating diarrhea, however, it may reduce the pain associated with diarrhea.
3. Does dicyclomine causes constipation and sleepiness? Yes, Dicyclomine may cause constipation and drowsiness.
4. Can I take dicyclomine for menstrual cramps relief? Dicyclomine relieves smooth muscles contraction. So, it can be used to reduce the stomach cramps or for period pain relief.
5. Is dicyclomine safe for children? Dicyclomine can be administered safely to children in a prescribed dosage for a prescribed period. Diclofenac
1. What are different dosage forms available for diclofenac other than tablet form? Diclofenac is available in different forms such as injectables, topical applicators (powder or ointment), and capsule form.
2. Is there any alteration in weight with the use of Voveran tablet? You may reduce weight, as loss of appetite is one of the common Voveran side effects.
3. What are the symptoms of overdose? You may have blurred vision, altered consciousness, confusion, depression. To avoid these side effects use the medicine Voveran as directed by the doctor.
4. Is Voveran safe for the children below 12 years of age? No, it is not recommended to take Voveran tablet for the children younger than 18 years of age.
5. What should I avoid when using medicine Voveran? Avoid using other NSAID’s. Do not drink alcohol. Do not use Voveran if you are allergic to diclofenac.