Aquadol Tpm Gel 15 Gm
Diclofenac is used for stiffness, swelling, and joints pain caused by arthritis. It is also used for the acute and chronic treatment of symptoms of osteoarthritis. Diclofenac is used as an analgesic in some minor surgeries such as dental.
How does the drug work ?
Diclofenac is an NSAID used to reduces inflammation and as a pain reliever. The anti-inflammatory effects are due to inhibition of cyclooxygenase (COX-1 and COX-2), this, in turn, inhibits prostaglandin synthesis. Inhibition of the prostaglandin synthesis results in analgesic effects of diclofenac.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of diclofenac are stomach upset, constipation, discomfort, drowsiness, decrease in urine output, increased bleeding time, itching of skin, epidermal necrolysis, renal dysfunction.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Patients with liver and renal diseases should use the drug with caution and in prescribed dose as it may cause renal dysfunction and hepatotoxicity.
• Do not perform activities that needs alertness such as driving, as drowsiness and dizziness are common with the drug.
• Do not take Aquadol TPM drug in pregnancy.
• Do not drink alcohol if on Aquadol TPM, as it may cause alterations in consciousness, and increase the risk of stomach bleeding.
• Do not use Aquadol TPM before or after the heart surgery.
• While using Aquadol TPM as a pain killer, maintain the dose correctly.
1. What are different dosage forms available for diclofenac other than tablet form? Diclofenac is available in different forms such as injectables, topical applicators (powder or ointment), and capsule form.
2. Is there any alteration in weight with the use of Voveran tablet? You may reduce weight, as loss of appetite is one of the common Voveran side effects.
3. What are the symptoms of overdose? You may have blurred vision, altered consciousness, confusion, depression. To avoid these side effects use the medicine Voveran as directed by the doctor.
4. Is Voveran safe for the children below 12 years of age? No, it is not recommended to take Voveran tablet for the children younger than 18 years of age.
5. What should I avoid when using medicine Voveran? Avoid using other NSAID’s. Do not drink alcohol. Do not use Voveran if you are allergic to diclofenac.