Aquagest 25 Mg Injection 1.119 Ml
Progesterone is used to treat progesterone hormone deficiency in women. It helps the reproductive system to function normally. Thus, it is used in the treatment of infertility, irregularities in menstrual cycles, Progesterone also helps to prevent miscarriages, thereby, maintaining the pregnancy and helps to reduce the menopausal symptoms (i.e. hot flushes, irritation, dry vagina, and sleep disturbances) in women.
How does the drug work ?
Progesterone is a steroid hormone which binds to the receptors (both progesterone and estrogen receptors). Thus, it regulates the reproductive system and its functions.
What are the common side effects ?Progesterone side effects are acne, dizziness, weight gain or loss, tender breasts, stomach pain, depression, loss of hair from the head, and an increase in facial hair.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid Aquagest if an allergic reaction has been experienced to progesterone or other related drugs in the past.
• Patients with severe liver disease, breast cancer, or other cancers of the reproductive system should not take Aquagest.
• Be cautious while using Aquagest in the case of heart, kidney, or liver diseases, diabetes, depression, asthma, and migraine.
• Pregnant and breastfeeding women are advised not to take this drug. However, based on the benefits to the risks, the doctor may decide a lower dose of the medicine Aquagest.
• Use of other prescription or non-prescription drugs along with Aquagest is not permitted unless suggested by a doctor or a health care provider.
• Do not drive or operate heavy machines as these activities require high alertness but progesterone is known to cause drowsiness which alters the attention.
• Check with a doctor before stopping or changing the Aquagest.
• Ensure to read the details regarding Aquagest usage and side effects. This helps to ensure a safe use of the medicine.
1. Should I inform my surgeon that I am taking progesterone tablets? Yes. You have to inform your surgeon about the use of progesterone because this drug can alter the clotting time.
2. Does alcohol consumption affect progesterone? Alcohol is not known to affect progesterone. However, it is always advisable not to drink alcohol.
3. What should I do if I take more progesterone tablets than what is required? If you take more progesterone tablets than the prescribed dose, you must immediately call up to a doctor. This is because you will be at an increased risk of side effects of progesterone.
4. What if I miss a dose of progesterone? In case of a missed dose, it should be taken immediately. But if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the scheduled next dose. Do not take a double dose to catch up.
5. What is the oral dose of progesterone for amenorrhea? The usual oral dose of progesterone for amenorrhea is 400 mg to be taken for 10 days. It is preferably taken in the evening.