Aquamide 20/50 Mg Tablet 10
Furosemide Furosemide is used for the treatment of hypertension and the treatment of edema that may occur in conditions such as congestive heart failure, kidney failure, and liver disease. Spironolactone Spironolactone uses include the treatment of hyperaldosteronism (medication for high aldosterone levels), hypokalemia (low potassium levels). It is prescribed as a medicine for heart related problems, and in edema treatment in the heart failure, liver disease, or kidney disease. It is also used as a drug to treat high blood pressure.
How does the drug work ?
Furosemide Furosemide is a loop diuretic. It works by inhibiting the absorption of sodium and potassium in the kidney causing an increase in the urine output. Thus, eliminating the extra fluids from the body reduces the blood pressure and treats edema. Spironolactone Spironolactone tablet belongs to the class of drugs called aldosterone receptor antagonists. It is also called water pill, because it is a potassium sparing diuretic. Diuretic spironolactone, prevents the body from absorbing too much of salts and thereby keeps the body’s potassium levels in a balanced state.
What are the common side effects ?Furosemide The furosemide side effects include dry mouth, muscle cramps, increased thirst, diarrhea, constipation, stomach cramping, nausea or vomiting, vertigo, dizziness, hearing loss, shortness of breath, headache, itching or rash, and blurred vision. Spironolactone Spironolactone side effects include abdominal pain, bloody diarrhea, breast tenderness, impotence, bloating, irregular periods, excessive thirst, and hoarseness of voice, dry mouth, and restlessness.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Individuals suffering from dizziness, weakness and fatigue should inform the doctor before taking Aquamide medicine.
• Individuals taking Aquamide medication should take plenty of water and potassium supplements as body fluids are lost through urine.
• While using Aquamide medication have a regular kidney function test to prevent renal impairment.
• Inform the doctor if any vitamin or mineral supplements or over-the-counter medicines are followed.
• Avoid driving or handling heavy machinery after using Aquamide medication as it causes dizziness.
• When using more than one eye preparation, maintain a time gap of 15-20 minutes for better action of the drug.
• Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers should inform the doctor before taking Aquamide medication.
1. Do I need to take potassium supplements while on furosemide therapy? Furosemide causes frequent urination which leads to low potassium levels. You can take potassium and salt supplements to counteract the effects of furosemide by consulting your doctor.
2. How often should I take the drug? Usually, furosemide is taken only once in a day. Your doctor decides the frequency and dosage based on the severity of the condition.
3. Can furosemide tablet be used for fluid retention associated with kidney failure? Yes. Furosemide is used to treat fluid retention in the patients with kidney failure. You must take the drug only when instructed by the physician.
4. What happens in case of an overdose? Overdose of furosemide may lead to irreversible hearing loss. So, you must take the drug as recommended by the doctor.
5. Can I take telmisartan along with furosemide? Use of telmisartan with furosemide may cause severe hypotension and deteriorate kidney function. You must discuss with your doctor before taking any other medications. Spironolactone
1. Do I lose my hair when on the spironolactone medication? No. Taking spironolactone may cause increased hair growth as a side effect.
2. Can I buy spironolactone as an OTC drug? No. Spironolactone is a prescription drug. A doctor’s prescription is required to get the drug.
3. Do I reduce my breast size due to the use of spironolactone? No, probably breast enlargement is the side effect of the drug.
4. What are the signs and symptoms of overdose? The signs of overdose include irregular heartbeat, nervousness, tingling in the hands and feet.
5. Do I gain weight due to spironolactone use? Yes, weight gain is a common side effect of spironolactone.