Aquapred O 0.3/1 % Eye Drops 5 Ml
Ofloxacin Ofloxacin is an antibiotic used to treat upper and lower urinary tract infection, lower respiratory infection, stomach and intestinal infections. It is also used to for the prophylaxis and treatment of anthrax or plague. Prednisolone Prednisolone drug is used to reduce inflammation associated with various disorders such as allergies, blood disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, respiratory diseases, gastro-intestinal disorders and skin disorders. Prednisolone tablets are also used as a medicine to treat eye swelling caused by allergy, infection, injury or other conditions.
How does the drug work ?
Ofloxacin Ofloxacin is a fluroquinolone antibiotic which is effective against both gram negative and gram-positive bacteria. It inhibits the formation of bacterial genetic material by affecting the synthesis of DNA Gyrase, an enzyme essential for replication of bacterial DNA. Therefore, ofloxacin is used for the treatment of bacterial infections. Prednisolone Prednisolone which is a steroid that belongs to a class of drugs known as glucocorticosteroids. It increases the level of corticosteroids present in the body which in turn helps in blocking the production of inflammatory chemicals (prostaglandins and leukotrienes). It thus, reduces the swelling, pain and redness associated with inflammation.
What are the common side effects ?Ofloxacin The common side effects of ofloxacin are vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, dizziness, dry mouth, altered taste, fatigue, headache, loss of appetite, pain, itching and burning sensation in the vagina, pain in urethra, and flatulence Prednisolone The most common side effects of prednisolone include aggression, anxiety, personality and behavioral changes, mental depression, absence of menstrual periods, mood swings, blurred vision, eye swelling, dizziness, headache, delayed wound healing, heart burn, fatigue, muscle stiffness and weakness, insomnia, increased sweating, skin redness etc.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Individuals using Aquapred-O medication should avoid taking milk or dairy products while using the medication.
• Avoid using over-the-counter medications such as didanosine, sucralfate, vitamin and mineral supplements while using Aquapred-O medication.
• Drink plenty of water while taking Aquapred-O medication to prevent formation of thick urine.
• Avoid driving or handling heavy machinery after using Aquapred-O medication as it causes blurry vision and drowsiness.
• When using more than one eye preparation, maintain a time gap of 15-20 minutes for better action of the drug.
• Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers should inform the doctor before taking Aquapred-O medication.
1. How should I use this medication? Ofloxacin should be taken with or without food preferably after food with a glass of water.
2. Are there any storage precautions for ofloxacin? Store the medication at room temperature (25°C) and away from direct heat and sunlight. Keep the drug out of reach of children.
3. Can I take paracetamol/ibuprofen with ofloxacin? Yes. It is safe to take ofloxacin with paracetamol/ibuprofen as there are no drug interactions reported for these two drugs. However, consult your physician before use.
4. Does Ofloxacin treat pink eye/chlamydia/ear infections? Ofloxacin is an antibiotic and can be used to treat pink eye (conjunctivitis), ear infection and infection due to chlamydia.
5. Can I take Ofloxacin for viral infections such as cold or flu? No. Ofloxacin is not effective against viral diseases such as cold or flu. Prednisolone
1. Can I use prednisolone tablets for a long period of time? It is not advised to stay on prednisolone for long periods of time as it may cause side effects such as osteoporosis, indigestion, stomach pains, muscle weakness and cataract.
2. Can the medicine be given to children? Yes, the drug is recommended for children to reduce wheezing, however consult your doctor before taking the medication.
3. Is prednisolone the same as prednisone? No, prednisolone is an active metabolite of prednisone. Both of them are corticosteroids but used for treating different indications.
4. Is the use of medicine, safe during pregnancy? It is advisable to consult your doctor before administering the medication.
5. Does prednisolone cause hair loss or weight gain? Yes, the use prednisolone may cause side effects such as hair loss and weight gain. Please report to your doctor if you experience any such symptoms.