Aquasurge Max Eye Drops
Carboxymethylcellulose acts as a lubricant and provides temporary relief from soreness, burning sensation, irritation, and discomfort due to dryness when exposed to sun or wind. Refresh tears also act as a protectant against further irritation.
How does the drug work ?
Carboxymethylcellulose belongs to a class of medicines known as eye lubricants or artificial tears. They act by wetting and lubricating the surface of the eye. These eye drops have thick consistency because of which they are retained for longer duration in the eye providing relief.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of carboxymethylcellulose eye drops include blurred vision, allergic reaction, eye irritation, eye discharge, eye itching, eye pain, foreign body sensation in eyes, eye redness, increased production of tears, and visual impairment.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Use Aquasurge Max as prescribed by the doctor.
• Inform the doctor immediately in case of eye pain, headache, vision changes, redness or irritation in the eye persists or worsens.
• Contact lenses should be removed before using carboxymethylcellulose eye drops and there should be at least 15 min time gap before inserting them again.
• While using eye drops make sure that the dropper tip of the eye drop bottle, do not touch the eyelids or surrounding areas to avoid contamination.
• Do not use the Aquasurge Max if there is color change or if it has become cloudy.
• Patients may experience a temporary blurring of vision immediately upon use of carboxymethylcellulose eye drops. Wait until vision gets cleared before driving or operating machinery.
• In case of pregnancy or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding consult the doctor before using Aquasurge Max.
1. Is it safe to use Zyaqua along with other eye drops for glaucoma? Eye drops for glaucoma should be used 15 minutes before using Refresh eye drops.
2. I am experiencing mild blurred vision after installing Zyaqua do I need to consult the doctor? The mild blurred vision for few minutes is common with the Zyaqua. If the blurredness worsens or persists for more than 72 hours consult the doctor.
3. Is carboxymethylcellulose safe? Yes, when taken in the prescribed dose and duration, it is safe.
4. Can carboxymethylcellulose sodium drops also be used to relieve nasal irritation? No. carboxymethylcellulose sodium drops are intended for eyes only. They are meant for external use only.
5. Does long-term use of eye drops cause eye infection? Improper use of the eye drops lead to contamination of the bottle thereby causing infection. To avoid contamination, replace cap after using and do not touch the tip of container to any surface.