Aquatears Eye Drops 10 ML
Potassium chloride is used to prevent or to treat lower potassium levels in blood. It is needed in several functions of the body mainly for beating of your heart.
Mode of drug action :
Potassium chloride is a metal salt composed of potassium and chloride. It can be given intravenously or through mouth to treat low potassium levels in the body. Potassium levels can be low during prolonged diarrhea or vomiting.
What are the common side effects?
The commonly reported side effects of Potassium chloride are Bitterness, chemical or metallic taste, uneven heartbeat, extreme thirst, black and tarry stools and muscle weakness.
Special precautions for safe use
• Aquatears may cause allergic reactions when used. Discuss with the doctor before using it.
• Aquatears may cause temporary blurred vision, so do not drive or do the heavy task until the condition settles to normal.
• Aquatears medicine may be harmful when taken in large doses. Avoid taking overdose of the drug.
• Aquatears can should be taken with caution in pregnant and lactating women.
• Seek immediate medical attention if the side effects worsen.
What else should I know?
1. Do I need to take potassium chloride while on furosemide therapy? Furosemide causes frequent urination which leads to low potassium levels. You can take potassium chloride supplements to counteract the effects of furosemide by consulting your doctor.
2. What are the other side effects of potassium chloride? Mild nausea, stomach upset, slight tingling of hands and feet are other common side effects of potassium chloride.
3. What are the drugs that I should avoid while taking potassium chloride? Avoid taking digoxin, qunidine, and bronchodilators while taking potassium chloride supplements.
4. What if I overdose? You may experience heavy feeling in your arms or legs, confusion, weak or shallow breathing. Report the doctor immediately if you notice these symptoms.
5. I am not diuretics. Can I take potassium chloride along with them? No, do not take potassium chloride while you are on diuretics.