Aquazide 25 Mg Tablet 20
Hydrochlorothiazide is a water pill (diuretic medicine) which is used to treat fluid retention associated with conditions such as cirrhosis of the liver, congestive heart failure, or kidney disorders. It is also used in the hypertension treatment.
How does the drug work ?
Hydrochlorothiazide prevents the human body from absorbing excess salt, thus, it prevents the associated fluid retention (edema).
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of hydrochlorothiazide include dizziness, headache, pain in the joint, inflammation of parts of the respiratory tract, and injection site pain.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Take Aquazide at bedtime for best results.
• Drink plenty of water while using Aquazide to prevent dehydration.
• Do not take potassium supplements while taking Aquazide.
• Consult a doctor before using Aquazide in case of pregnancy or breast feeding.
• Discontinue Aquazide one day before any scheduled surgery.
1. Should I take hydrochlorothiazide even if I do not have the symptoms of hypertension? Yes. You should continue taking the hydrochlorothiazide for the entire course of prescription even if you do not have the symptoms of hypertension. This is because hypertension does not always produce symptoms.
2. What are the precautions for fluid intake during hydrochlorothiazide medication? You should take adequate fluids but should not take excess as it can worsen the situation. Ask your doctor for guidance on the type and amount of fluids to be taken.
3. What are the symptoms of overdose with hydrochlorothiazide? The symptoms of overdose with hydrochlorothiazide are muscle pain, weakness, dry mouth, and dizziness. It requires immediate medical help.
4. What is the dose of hydrochlorothiazide for hypertension management? The normal dose of hydrochlorothiazide given for the management of hypertension is initially a single dose of 25 mg, per day. Later a maintenance dose of 50 mg, as two divided doses should be taken. However, ask a doctor for the dose which is right for you.
5. What should I do if I miss a dose of hydrochlorothiazide? Take the forgotten dose soon as you remember. If it is too late, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at its scheduled time.