Aquiti 25 Mg Tablet 10
Quetiapine is used to treat mental and mood conditions such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, mania, and depression. Quetiapine fumarate also decreases hallucinations and prevents mood swings. Additionally, quetiapine fumarate is used as an add-on therapy in major depressive disorders.
How does the drug work ?
Quetiapine belongs to the class benzisoxazole derivatives. Quetiapine acts as an antagonist at dopamine D1 and D2 receptors and adrenergic alpha 1 and alpha 2 receptors. Its antipsychotic activity is due to antagonism at the D2 receptors in mesolimbic pathway and 5HT2A receptors in the frontal cortex. Antagonism at D2 receptor relieves positive symptoms while antagonism at 5HT2A receptors treats negative symptoms of schizophrenia.
What are the common side effects ?The most common side effects of quetipine are nausea, vomiting, dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, irritation, flatulence, nasal congestion, stomach pain, weakness, irregular, and absence of menstrual cycle, joint pains, and constipation.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Do not take the Aquiti in the conditions such as Alzheimer's disease, dementia, poor health, low blood levels, and dehydration.
• Individuals with the history of heart problems, blood vessel problems, and heart failure should not use the Aquiti medicine.
• Aquiti is used with caution in the patients suffering from cataracts, narrow-angle glaucoma, and neuroleptic malignant syndrome.
• Individuals who have risk of breast, pancreas, and pituitary cancers should avoid Aquiti medication.
• Over dosage of Aquiti may damage the liver. Ask the doctor about the safe dosage of the drug.
• Aquiti may cause dizziness, drowsiness, or blurred vision. Do not perform heavy tasks that need mental alertness
1. How to take quetiapine fumarate tablet? Quetiapine fumarate tablet should be taken one hour before food.
2. Does quetiapine fumarate medicine cause weight gain? Yes, you may gain weight by using quetiapine fumarate medicine.
3. I am diagnosed with low potassium levels. Can I take Qutipin drug? No, you should not take Qutipin drug if you have low potassium levels.
4. I am on antiarrhythmic medicines. Can I use Qutipin tablet? No, concomitant use of Qutipin and antiarrhythmic drugs is not recommended.
5. Can I consume alcohol while on quetiapine fumarate? No, consumption of alcohol while taking quetiapine fumarate increases the risk of Qutipin side effects.