Arasid 1000 Mg Injection 10 Ml
Cytarabine is used in the treatment of cancers of white blood cells such as acute myeloid leukemia and non-hodgkin lymphoma. It is also used in combination therapy to treat different types of cancers such as ovarian, neck, and head.
How does the drug work ?
Cytarabine belongs to a class of drugs known as antimetabolites. Cytarabine is known as cytotoxic as they act by stopping the growth of cells in tumors. It also acts by decreasing the activity of the immune system by blocking several enzymes of the immune system which affects the growth of cancerous cells.
What are the common side effects ?The side effects that are common with cytarabine are altered taste, diarrhea, dry mouth, mouth ulcers, weight loss and hoarseness in voice.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid Arasid in case ofany allergic reaction.
• Avoid Arasid during pregnancy, or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
• Patients with severe kidney or liver problems such as fibrosis, cirrhosis, and recent hepatitis should consult a doctor before taking Arasid.
• Avoid Arasid with food, as it may interact and reduce its absorption.
• Consult the doctor in case of unusual bruising or bleeding, or signs of infection.
• Consult the doctor immediately in case of upper stomach pain, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice, shortness of breath, dry cough, blood in your urine, or little or no urinating.
• Avoid being pregnant while on Arasid medication. Arasid use by either parent may cause birth defects.
1. Does Cytarabine cause irritation? No. Cytarabine does not cause irritation.
2. Can I take Cytarabine and ibuprofen together? No. Do not take Cytarabine and ibuprofen together due to the risk of significant drug interactions.
3. Does Cytarabine increase bleeding from wounds? Yes. Cytarabine increases the risk of bleeding. So, contact a doctor if bleeding is persistent.
4. Should I inform my surgeon about using Cytarabine? Yes. You need to inform the surgeon, who may ask you to stop taking Cytarabine for at least 4 weeks before surgery.
5. How long should I take birth control pills while using Cytarabine? You must take birth control pills during and for at least 6 months after taking Cytarabine medication.