Arbisaar 25 Mg Tablet 10
Medicine losartan is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It lowers the risk of stroke in some people with heart diseases. Losartan slows down the progression of diabetes to kidney damage associated with high blood pressure.
How does the drug work ?
Losartan is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist, i.e. it blocks the binding of angiotensin II to its receptor. Thus, angiotensin II cannot produce its actions such as constriction of blood vessels. It prevents the narrowing of blood vessels, thereby, improving the blood flow through them.
What are the common side effects ?The common losartan side effects are backache, dizziness, dry cough, nasal congestion, and upper respiratory infections. Losartan medication may cause certain serious side effects such as severe hypersensitivity reactions, kidney failure, muscle damage, etc.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid Arbisaar if an allergic reaction has been experienced in the past with losartan.
• Diabetics should not take the drug aliskiren together with the Arbisaar for high blood pressure management.
• Take the doctor’s suggestion before taking any over-the-counter medicine along with the drug losartan.
• Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid taking Arbisaar.
• People with kidney impairment require additional monitoring while taking losartan medication. In some patients, discontinuation of the drug may be necessary.
• In the case of muscle pain or tenderness, along with unusual tiredness, immediate doctor’s attention is required. This is because losartan drug can cause skeletal muscle tissue breakdown.
• Follow the instructions of the physician carefully and use the medicine to get the maximum Arbisaar benefits. Do not take more than what is prescribed.
1. Can I take alcohol while using losartan potassium? No. Alcohol consumption can further lower the blood pressure and increase the side effects of Repace.
2. Do I need any restriction on potassium intake while using losartan? Unless told by your doctor, do not take potassium supplements while taking losartan.
3. What happens if I take losartan potassiumg during pregnancy? If you continue using losartan potassium during pregnancy, it can lead to injury or even death of the fetus. This risk is high during 2nd and 3rd trimesters of pregnancy.
4. How should I take losartan? You may take losartan with or without food.
5. In how many days will my blood pressure come under control with losartan? Symptoms of high blood pressure usually improve after 3 weeks of using losartan. This may, however, vary from person to person.
6. How can I avoid dizziness with losartan? Avoid changing your positions (which may include sitting or standing or lying down) rapidly to avoid dizziness, one of the common side effects of Repace 50.