Arbitel 40 Mg Tablet 10
Telmisartan is used to treat hypertension. It helps to prevent and control heart attack and stroke. This drug is also used to treat the signs and symptoms associated with kidney diseases.
How does the drug work ?
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker that interferes with the binding activity of angiotensin II to its receptor. This causes relaxation of the muscles and allows easy flow of blood in the vessels, thus, lowering the blood pressure levels.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of telmisartan are abdominal bloating, hypotension, itching, high potassium levels, fast heartbeat, change in vision, and large hives.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Arbitel drug may cause drowsiness and lightheadedness, and dizziness and hence avoid the dug intake during bed time.
• Take plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
• Inform the doctor immediately if you are planning for pregnancy.
• If planning for surgery, Arbitel medication should be discontinued a day prior to surgery.
• Avoid taking potassium supplements such as banana and broccoli while using Arbitel.
1. I am on ramipril. Can I use telmisartan? No, telmisartan is not recommended for concomitant use with ramipril.
2. Is telmisartan safe with diuretics? No, telmisartan should not be taken while using diuretics.
3. How long should I use telmisartan? Telmisartan should be continued even after you feel well. Do not miss the dose.
4. I am suffering from angioedema while using telmisartan. Can I stop using the drug? Angioedema is the side effect of telmisartan. Do not stop the drug without consulting the doctor.
5. Can I perform vigorous exercises while taking telmisartan? No, telmisartan causes tiredness and dizziness. Follow the instructions of the health care professionals carefully while doing the workouts.