Arbitel Am 80/5 Mg Tablet 10
Telmisartan is used to treat high blood pressure. It prevents and controls heart attacks and strokes. It is also used to treat signs and symptoms associated with kidney diseases. Amlodipine is used in the treatment of hypertension, chest pain (i.e. angina) and other conditions in which the artery of the heart gets narrowed. It is also used for the prevention of heart disorders.
How does the drug work ?
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker that interferes with the binding activity of angiotensin II. It reverses the binding of angiotensin II to its receptor. This reverse binding of angiotensin enzyme relaxes the muscles and allows easy flow of blood in the vessels, thus lowering the blood pressure levels. Amlodipine to a class of drugs called the calcium channel blockers. The mechanism of action is dilation of the blood vessels, and thereby, improving the blood flow through them.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of telmisartan are abdominal bloating, hypotension, itching, high potassium levels, fast heartbeat, change in vision, and large hives. Amlodipine side effects which are commonly experienced are dizziness, tiredness, flushing, stomach pain, and nausea.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid taking grapefruit juice with Arbitel AM.
• Do not drive or operate heavy machines after taking Arbitel AM medication as it may cause dizziness.
• Before using Arbitel AM medicine inform the doctor about the current health conditions.
• Consult the doctor immediately, if any swelling is experienced around the head or neck.
• Do not start or stop the Arbitel AM drug without consulting the doctor.
• Avoid taking Arbitel AM along with other drugs such as calcium and tadalafil
1. I am on ramipril. Can I use telmisartan? No, telmisartan is not recommended for concomitant use with ramipril.
2. Is telmisartan safe with diuretics? No, telmisartan should not be taken while using diuretics.
3. How long should I use telmisartan? Telmisartan should be continued even after you feel well. Do not miss the dose.
4. I am suffering from angioedema while using telmisartan. Can I stop using the drug? Angioedema is the side effect of telmisartan. Do not stop the drug without consulting the doctor.
5. Can I perform vigorous exercises while taking telmisartan? No, telmisartan causes tiredness and dizziness. Follow the instructions of the health care professionals carefully while doing the workouts. Amlodipine
1. Can I stop taking amlodipine tablets if the symptoms of hypertension are resolved? You may not always have the symptoms even if your blood pressure is high. Thus, you should not stop taking amlodipine but may have to continue it for your whole life.
2. Can amlodipine alone control my hypertension? Amlodipine is a part of treatment for hypertension. You should also follow a proper diet, exercise and maintain your weight along with taking this drug.
3. How should I take amlodipine? You may take amlodipine with or without food, and with a glass of water. Take the medicine at the same time each day.
4. Will my chest pain decrease immediately when I take amlodipine? Your chest pain can increase at first with amlodipine. But later it should decrease which if does not happen, you should consult a doctor.
5. How can I avoid dizziness with amlodipine? You should change your positions (i.e. sitting or standing or lying down) slowly to avoid dizziness and falls.