Arbitel Ct 40 Mg Tablet 10
Telmisartan: Telmisartan is used to treat high blood pressure. Telmisartan prevents and controls heart attacks and strokes. It is also used to treat signs and symptoms associated with kidney diseases. Chlorothalidone: Chlorthalidone is used for the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension). It is also used in the patients with diabetes insipidus, and to prevent the formation of kidney stones in the patients with high blood calcium levels. It is also used in the fluid retention treatment by reducing the fluid buildup.
How does the drug work ?
Telmisartan: Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker that interferes with the binding activity of angiotensin II. It reverses the binding of angiotensin II to its receptor. This reverse binding of angiotensin enzyme relaxes the muscles and allows easy flow of blood in the vessels, thus lowering the blood pressure levels. Chlorthalidone: Chlorthalidone is a diuretic and antihypertensive. It acts by increasing the sodium and potassium elimination in the urine causing excess water to get excreted from the body. Thus, it reduces the blood pressure.
What are the common side effects ?Telmisartan: The common side effects of telmisartan are abdominal bloating, hypotension, itching, high potassium levels, fast heartbeat, change in vision, and large hives. Chlorthalidone: The common side effects of the drug chlorthalidone include dizziness, stomach upset, lightheadedness, nausea, increased thirst, diarrhea or constipation, and loss of appetite. Major side effects include a sore throat, fever, severe skin rash, muscle pains or cramps, extreme thirst, trouble breathing or swallowing, and unusual bleeding.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid using Arbitel Ct medicine if allergic to any of the ingredients in it.
• Avoid alcohol when using Arbitel Ct medicine.
• Use Arbitel Ct only in prescribed doses by the doctor.
• Avoid consuming potassium rich foods like banana and broccoli.
• Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated when using Arbitel Ct medicine.
• Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if you feel drowsiness after using Arbitel Ct medicine.
• Discontinue Arbitel Av medicine before 1 day of scheduled surgery.
• Inform the doctor before using Arbitel Ct medicine if planning to become pregnant.
1. I am on ramipril. Can I use telmisartan? No, telmisartan is not recommended for concomitant use with ramipril.
2. Is telmisartan safe with diuretics? No, telmisartan should not be taken while using diuretics.
3. How long should I use telmisartan? Telmisartan should be continued even after you feel well. Do not miss the dose.
4. I am suffering from angioedema while using telmisartan. Can I stop using the drug? Angioedema is the side effect of telmisartan. Do not stop the drug without consulting the doctor.
5. Can I perform vigorous exercises while taking telmisartan? No, telmisartan causes tiredness and dizziness. Follow the instructions of the health care professionals carefully while doing the workouts. Chlorthalidone:
1. What are the storage precautions for chlorthalidone? Store the drug at room temperature (20 - 25 °C) and away from heat or moisture. Keep the drug out of reach of children.
2. What should I do in the case of an overdose? In the case of overdose, seek emergency medical care. The symptoms of overdose include fainting, extreme thirst, muscle pain, and weakness.
3. What could be the dosage of chlorthalidone for treating hypertension? The initially recommended chlorthalidone dosage for hypertension is 25 to 100mg/day. Consult your doctor before taking the drug and do not self-medicate.
4. How should I take chlorthalidone? Take the medication as per the instructions provided by the physician. Usually, chlorthalidone is taken once daily after a meal (preferably after breakfast).
5. What are the severe allergic reactions of chlorthalidone? Severe allergic reactions associated with chlorthalidone include skin rash, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue, and itching or hives.