Arbitel Ct 80/12.5 Mg Tablet 10
Telmisartan is used to treat hypertension. It helps to prevent and control heart attack and stroke. This drug is also used to treat the signs and symptoms associated with kidney diseases. Chlorthalidone is used for the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension). It is also used in the patients with diabetes insipidus, and to prevent the formation of kidney stones in the patients with high blood calcium levels. It is also used in the fluid retention treatment by reducing the fluid buildup.
How does the drug work ?
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker that interferes with the binding activity of angiotensin II to its receptor. This causes relaxation of the muscles and allows easy flow of blood in the vessels, thus, lowering the blood pressure levels. Chlorthalidone is a diuretic and antihypertensive. It acts by increasing the sodium and potassium elimination in the urine causing excess water to get excreted from the body. Thus, it reduces the blood pressure.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of telmisartan are abdominal bloating, hypotension, itching, high potassium levels, fast heartbeat, change in vision, and large hives. The common side effects of the drug chlorthalidone include dizziness, stomach upset, lightheadedness, nausea, increased thirst, diarrhea or constipation, and loss of appetite. Major side effects include a sore throat, fever, severe skin rash, muscle pains or cramps, extreme thirst, trouble breathing or swallowing, and unusual bleeding.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Arbitel CT drug may cause drowsiness and lightheadedness, and dizziness and hence avoid the dug intake during bed time.
• Take plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
• Inform the doctor immediately if you are planning for pregnancy.
• If planning for surgery, Arbitel CT medication should be discontinued a day prior to surgery.
• Avoid taking potassium supplements such as banana and broccoli while using Arbitel CT.
1. I am on ramipril. Can I use telmisartan? No, telmisartan is not recommended for concomitant use with ramipril.
2. Is telmisartan safe with diuretics? No, telmisartan should not be taken while using diuretics.
3. How long should I use telmisartan? Telmisartan should be continued even after you feel well. Do not miss the dose.
4. I am suffering from angioedema while using telmisartan. Can I stop using the drug? Angioedema is the side effect of telmisartan. Do not stop the drug without consulting the doctor.
5. Can I perform vigorous exercises while taking telmisartan? No, telmisartan causes tiredness and dizziness. Follow the instructions of the health care professionals carefully while doing the workouts. Chlorthalidone
1. What are the storage precautions for chlorthalidone? Store the drug at room temperature (20 - 25 °C) and away from heat or moisture. Keep the drug out of reach of children.
2. What should I do in the case of an overdose? In the case of overdose, seek emergency medical care. The symptoms of overdose include fainting, extreme thirst, muscle pain, and weakness.
3. What could be the dosage of chlorthalidone for treating hypertension? The initially recommended chlorthalidone dosage for hypertension is 25 to 100mg/day. Consult your doctor before taking the drug and do not self-medicate.
4. How should I take chlorthalidone tablet? Take the medication as per the instructions provided by the physician. Usually, chlorthalidone is taken once daily after a meal (preferably after breakfast).
5. What are the severe allergic reactions of chlorthalidone? Severe allergic reactions associated with chlorthalidone include skin rash, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue, and itching or hives.