Arbitel H 40 Mg Tablet 10
Telmisartan Telmisartan is used to treat high blood pressure. Telmisartan prevents and controls heart attacks and strokes. It is also used to treat signs and symptoms associated with kidney diseases. Hydrochlorothiazide Hydrochlorothiazide is used to treat hypertension. It is also used in the treatment of fluid retention in congestive heart failure or liver cirrhosis. Hydrochlorothiazide is used as a diuretic to remove excess salts from the body.
How does the drug work ?
Telmisartan Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker that interferes with the binding activity of angiotensin II. It reverses the binding of angiotensin II to its receptor. This reverse binding of angiotensin enzyme relaxes the muscles and allows easy flow of blood in the vessels, thus lowering the blood pressure levels. Hydrochlorothiazide Hydrochlorothiazide acts by eliminating excess salts from the body by inhibiting sodium reuptake in the body. Hydrochlorothiazide blocks sodium-chloride symporter, it reduces osmotic gradient and water reabsorption throughout the body.
What are the common side effects ?Telmisartan The common side effects of telmisartan are abdominal bloating, hypotension, itching, high potassium levels, fast heartbeat, change in vision, and large hives. Hydrochlorothiazide The common reported hydrochlorothiazide side effects are excessive thirst, abnormal heart rhythms, increased sensitivity to light, dry mouth, skin allergies, headache, GI disorder, decreased potassium levels, and tingling in hands legs and feet.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid consuming alcohol while taking the drug Arbitel H.
• Do not take Arbitel-H drug, if allergic to any of its ingredients.
• Be cautious while using the drug Arbitel H, in conditions like diabetes and asthma.
• Do not take Arbitel-H drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Be cautious in driving a vehicle and operating heavy machinery after taking the drug Arbitel H.
• Be cautious while taking Arbitel-H drug while suffering from renal impairment.
1. I am on ramipril. Can I use telmisartan? No, telmisartan is not recommended for concomitant use with ramipril.
2. Is telmisartan safe with diuretics? No, telmisartan should not be taken while using diuretics.
3. How long should I use telmisartan? Telmisartan should be continued even after you feel well. Do not miss the dose.
4. I am suffering from angioedema while using telmisartan. Can I stop using the drug? Angioedema is the side effect of telmisartan. Do not stop the drug without consulting the doctor.
5. Can I perform vigorous exercises while taking telmisartan? No, telmisartan causes tiredness and dizziness. Follow the instructions of the health care professionals carefully while doing the workouts. Hydrochlorothiazide
1. I am pregnant. Should I stop taking hydrochlorothiazide? Hydrochlorothiazide is safe during pregnancy. However, consult your doctor before taking the drug.
2. I am suffering from a thyroid disorder. Can I use hydrochlorothiazide? Discuss with the doctor about the safe use of the drug in thyroid disorders.
3. Can I give hydrochlorothiazide to my 15-year-old child? No, hydrochlorothiazide is not recommended for the children and adolescents younger than 18 years of age.
4. What are the side effects of hydrochlorothiazide in diabetic patients? Hydrochlorothiazide may affect the blood sugar levels of diabetic patients. Talk to your doctor before using the drug.
5. I am allergic to sulpha drugs. Can I take hydrochlorothiazide? No, sulfa drugs may react with hydrochlorothiazide. Discuss with your doctor about the safe use of the drug.