Arbitel Mt 50 Mg Tablet 7
Telmisartan is used to treat hypertension. It helps to prevent and control heart attack and stroke. This drug is also used to treat the signs and symptoms associated with kidney diseases. Metoprolol tartrate uses include treatment of hypertension, chest pain relief (i.e. angina), and irregular heartbeat. It is also used for reducing the risk of death in patients with heart attack.
How does the drug work ?
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker that interferes with the binding activity of angiotensin II to its receptor. This causes relaxation of the muscles and allows easy flow of blood in the vessels, thus, lowering the blood pressure levels. Metoprolol is a beta-blocker which reduces the workload of the heart, reducing the chest pain. It reduces the amount of blood pumped by the heart, thus, lowering the blood pressure.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of telmisartan are abdominal bloating, hypotension, itching, high potassium levels, fast heartbeat, change in vision, and large hives. The side effects of metoprolol which are commonly experienced by the patients are constipation or diarrhea, dizziness, dry mouth, gas, headache, heartburn, muscle pain, vomiting, nausea, stomach pain, trouble sleeping, unusual tiredness or weakness.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Take Arbitel MT during bedtime because telmisartan present in it causes dizziness and lightheadedness.
• Get up slowly while on sleeping or lying position to avoid dizziness.
• Avoid alcohol as it increases the risk of dizziness and lightheadedness.
• Patients should avoid potassium-rich foods like banana and broccoli.
• Pregnant women and women planning for pregnancy should take doctor’s advice regarding the use of the drug.
• Discontinue the use of the drug a day before surgery.
1. I am on ramipril. Can I use telmisartan? No, telmisartan is not recommended for concomitant use with ramipril.
2. Is telmisartan safe with diuretics? No, telmisartan should not be taken while using diuretics.
3. How long should I use telmisartan? Telmisartan should be continued even after you feel well. Do not miss the dose.
4. I am suffering from angioedema while using telmisartan. Can I stop using the drug? Angioedema is the side effect of telmisartan. Do not stop the drug without consulting the doctor.
5. Can I perform vigorous exercises while taking telmisartan? No, telmisartan causes tiredness and dizziness. Follow the instructions of the health care professionals carefully while doing the workouts. Metoprolol
1. How should I store metoprolol tablets? Store the tablets at room temperature, away from heat, moisture and children.
2. Can I suggest metoprolol tablets to any other persons who are having chest pain? You should never prescribe any medicine to others. A doctor will decide the right drug and dosage for his/her patient.
3. Should I stop taking metoprolol if I feel tired for several days with the drug? It is common to feel tired for few weeks with metoprolol. But you should still continue taking the drug. Talk to your doctor if you develop any other symptoms.
4. What should I do if have overdose with metoprolol? You may experience symptoms such as shortness of breath, or slow breath, fainting and weakness if you have an overdose with the drug. You should immediately contact a doctor for help.
5. How can I avoid dizziness with metoprolol? You should change your positions (i.e. sitting or standing or lying down) slowly to prevent dizziness and falls. In the case you feel dizzy, immediately sit down slowly.