Arbitel R 40/5 Mg Tablet 10
Telmisartan is used to treat hypertension. It helps to prevent and control heart attack and stroke. This drug is also used to treat the signs and symptoms associated with kidney diseases. Ramipril is used to treat several heart conditions such as high blood pressure, heart failure, and to increase the chances of survival of heart attack patients. It also reduces the risk of getting heart diseases.
How does the drug work ?
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker that interferes with the binding activity of angiotensin II to its receptor. This causes relaxation of the muscles and allows easy flow of blood in the vessels, thus, lowering the blood pressure levels. Ramipril is an ACE (angiotensin converting enzyme) inhibitor. It prevents the conversion of angiotensin I to angiotensin II, a compound which causes constriction of blood vessels. Thereby, ramipril relieves the high blood pressure.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of telmisartan are abdominal bloating, hypotension, itching, high potassium levels, fast heartbeat, change in vision, and large hives. The ramipril side effects are low blood pressure, dizziness, moderate to extreme tiredness, and cough. The other less common but serious side effects includes severe and serious allergic reactions, inflammation of the pancreas, liver toxicity, etc.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid Arbitel R if an allergic reaction has been experienced in the past with ramipril or any other drug of the same class (i.e. other ACE inhibitors).
• Diabetics and kidney disease patients should not take the drug aliskiren together with Arbitel R for the management of high blood pressure.
• Take the doctor’s suggestion before taking any over-the-counter medicine along with the Arbitel R medicine.
• People with a history of swelling under the skin with the use of ramipril drug should avoid taking it.
• Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid taking the medication ramipril.
• People with kidney impairment require additional monitoring while taking ramipril.
• Follow the instructions of the physician carefully and use the medicine.
• Do not take more than prescribed dose.
1. I am on ramipril. Can I use telmisartan? No, telmisartan is not recommended for concomitant use with ramipril.
2. Is telmisartan safe with diuretics? No, telmisartan should not be taken while using diuretics.
3. How long should I use telmisartan? Telmisartan should be continued even after you feel well. Do not miss the dose.
4. I am suffering from angioedema while using telmisartan. Can I stop using the drug? Angioedema is the side effect of telmisartan. Do not stop the drug without consulting the doctor.
5. Can I perform vigorous exercises while taking telmisartan? No, telmisartan causes tiredness and dizziness. Follow the instructions of the health care professionals carefully while doing the workouts. Ramipril
1. What should I do if I get jaundice while using ramipril? You must discontinue the use of ramipril because it can lead to more severe jaundice and even death.
2. What is the ramipril dosage for high blood pressure in adults? The initial dose of ramipril for high blood pressure in adults is
2.5 mg once daily orally. This may be increased in the later stages for the maintenance of blood pressure. However, take your doctor’s advice regarding the exact dose suitable for you.
3. What happens if I take ramipril during pregnancy? Taking ramipril during pregnancy can lead to injury or even death of the fetus. This risk is high during 2nd and 3rd trimesters of pregnancy.
4. How should I take ramipril? You may take ramipril with or without food.
5. How long may I need ramipril for treating high blood pressure? You may have to use the drug for your whole life. This is because high blood pressure does not always produce symptoms.
6. How can I avoid dizziness with ramipril? You must change your positions (which may include sitting or standing or lying down) slowly to avoid dizziness.