Arbitel Trio 25 Mg Tablet 10
Cilnidipine Cilnidipine is used for management of hypertension (high blood pressure). Metoprolol Metoprolol is used in the treatment of hypertension, chest pain relief (i.e. angina), and irregular heartbeat. It is also used for reducing the risk of death in patients with heart attack. Telmisartan Telmisartan is used to treat high blood pressure. Telmisartan prevents and controls heart attacks and strokes. It is also used to treat signs and symptoms associated with kidney diseases.
How does the drug work ?
Cilnidipine Cilnidipine is a calcium channel blocker. It blocks the influx of calcium ions and blocks the activity of calcium channels in the muscles of the blood vessel and heart. This causes the relaxation of blood vessels that facilitates easy flow of blood against reduced resistance. It also increases the supply of oxygen to the heart muscles. Metoprolol Metoprolol is a beta-blocker which reduces the workload of the heart, reducing the chest pain. It reduces the amount of blood pumped by the heart, thus, lowering the blood pressure. Telmisartan Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker that interferes with the binding activity of angiotensin II. It reverses the binding of angiotensin II to its receptor. This reverse binding of angiotensin enzyme relaxes the muscles and allows easy flow of blood in the vessels, thus lowering the blood pressure levels.
What are the common side effects ?Cilnidipine The most common side effects of cilnidipine are loss of vision, depression, abnormal liver function test, dizziness, eye pain, fever, flushing, gingival hyperplasia, low blood pressure, headache, and muscle pain. Metoprolol The common side effects of metoprolol are constipation or diarrhea, dizziness, dry mouth, gas, headache, heartburn, muscle pain, vomiting, nausea, stomach pain, trouble sleeping, unusual tiredness or weakness. Telmisartan The common side effects of telmisartan are abdominal bloating, hypotension, itching, high potassium levels, fast heartbeat, change in vision, and large hives.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Take Arbitel trio exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Do not over dose it.
• Inform the doctor about the use of Arbitel trio before undergoing any scheduled surgery. .
• Do not consume alcohol while taking the drug Arbitel trio.
• Do not take the drug Arbitel trio during pregnancy and breastfeeding without consulting a doctor.
• Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while taking the drug Arbitel trio.
• Be cautious while taking Arbitel trio drug in case of renal impairment.
1. How long should I use cilnidipine ? The duration of the treatment will be suggested by the doctor depending on the patient’s health condition.
2. Should I take cilnidipine with or without food? Cilnidipine should be taken after food to avoid stomach upset.
3. Does cilnidipine cause addiction? No, it does not cause any addiction.
4. Does cilnidipine cause kidney damage? Prolonged use of the cilnidipine drug causes kidney damage.
5. Does cilnidipine cause impotence? Cilnidipine is reported to cause impotence, talk to your doctor before using the drug. Metoprolol
1. How should I store metoprolol tablets? Store the tablets at room temperature, away from heat, moisture and children.
2. Can I suggest metoprolol tablets to any other persons who are having chest pain? You should never prescribe any medicine to others. A doctor will decide the right drug and dosage for his/her patient.
3. Should I stop taking metoprolol if I feel tired for several days with the drug? It is common to feel tired for few weeks with metoprolol. But you should still continue taking the drug. Talk to your doctor if you develop any other symptoms.
4. What should I do if have overdose with metoprolol? You may experience symptoms such as shortness of breath, or slow breath, fainting and weakness if you have an overdose with the drug. You should immediately contact a doctor for help.
5. How can I avoid dizziness with metoprolol? You should change your positions (i.e. sitting or standing or lying down) slowly to prevent dizziness and falls. In the case you feel dizzy, immediately sit down slowly. Telmisartan
1. I am on ramipril. Can I use telmisartan? No, telmisartan is not recommended for concomitant use with ramipril.
2. Is telmisartan safe with diuretics? No, telmisartan should not be taken while using diuretics.
3. How long should I use telmisartan? Telmisartan should be continued even after you feel well. Do not miss the dose.
4. I am suffering from angioedema while using telmisartan. Can I stop using the drug? Angioedema is the side effect of telmisartan. Do not stop the drug without consulting the doctor.
5. Can I perform vigorous exercises while taking telmisartan? No, telmisartan causes tiredness and dizziness. Follow the instructions of the health care professionals carefully while doing the workouts.