Arbitel Trio 50 Mg Tablet 10
Cilnidipine is used for management of hypertension (high blood pressure). Metoprolol uses include treatment of hypertension, chest pain relief (i.e. angina), and irregular heartbeat. It is also used for reducing the risk of death in patients with heart attack. Telmisartan is used to treat hypertension. It helps to prevent and control heart attack and stroke. This drug is also used to treat the signs and symptoms associated with kidney diseases.
How does the drug work ?
Cilnidipine is a calcium channel blocker. It blocks the influx of calcium ions and blocks the activity of calcium channels in the muscles of the blood vessel and heart. This causes the relaxation of blood vessels that facilitates easy flow of blood against reduced resistance. It also increases the supply of oxygen to the heart muscles. Metoprolol is a beta-blocker which reduces the workload of the heart, reducing the chest pain. It reduces the amount of blood pumped by the heart, thus, lowering the blood pressure. Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker that interferes with the binding activity of angiotensin II to its receptor. This causes relaxation of the muscles and allows easy flow of blood in the vessels, thus, lowering the blood pressure levels.
What are the common side effects ?The most common side effects of cilnidipine are loss of vision, depression, abnormal liver function test, dizziness, eye pain, fever, flushing, gingival hyperplasia, low blood pressure, headache, and muscle pain. The side effects of metoprolol which are commonly experienced by the patients are constipation or diarrhea, dizziness, dry mouth, gas, headache, heartburn, muscle pain, vomiting, nausea, stomach pain, trouble sleeping, unusual tiredness or weakness. The common side effects of telmisartan are abdominal bloating, hypotension, itching, high potassium levels, fast heartbeat, change in vision, and large hives.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Take Arbitel Trio at a fixed time daily to avail maximum benefits of the drug.
• Individuals with ischemic pain should not take the Arbitel Trio drug, as the pain may become worse.
• Do not stop Arbitel Trio medication abruptly, slowly wean off the drug under medical supervision.
• Patients with hypotension, heart failure, and poor cardiac reserve should not take Arbitel Trio, as it exacerbates the side effects of the Arbitel Trio.
• Do not use other hypertensive drugs or antipsychotic drugs that cause hypotension, while on Arbitel Trio.
• Women who are pregnant or planning to become pregnant and breastfeeding women should consult the doctor before using the Arbitel Trio.
• Individuals may feel dizzy or drowsy while on Arbitel Trio tablet, do not perform heavy tasks that need alertness such as driving.
1. How long should I use cilnidipine tablet? The duration of the treatment will be suggested by the doctor depending on the patient’s health condition.
2. Should I take Cilnidipine tablet with or without food? Cilnidipine tablet should be taken after food to avoid stomach upset.
3. Does Cilnidipine medicine cause addiction? No, it does not cause any addiction.
4. Does cilnidipine cause kidney damage? Prolonged use of the cilnidipine drug causes kidney damage.
5. Does cilnidipine cause impotence? Cilnidipine is reported to cause impotence, talk to your doctor before using the drug. Metoprolol
1. How should I store metoprolol tablets? Store the tablets at room temperature, away from heat, moisture and children.
2. Can I suggest metoprolol tablets to any other persons who are having chest pain? You should never prescribe any medicine to others. A doctor will decide the right drug and dosage for his/her patient.
3. Should I stop taking metoprolol if I feel tired for several days with the drug? It is common to feel tired for few weeks with metoprolol. But you should still continue taking the drug. Talk to your doctor if you develop any other symptoms.
4. What should I do if have overdose with metoprolol? You may experience symptoms such as shortness of breath, or slow breath, fainting and weakness if you have an overdose with the drug. You should immediately contact a doctor for help.
5. How can I avoid dizziness with metoprolol? You should change your positions (i.e. sitting or standing or lying down) slowly to prevent dizziness and falls. In the case you feel dizzy, immediately sit down slowly. Telmisartan
1. I am on ramipril. Can I use telmisartan? No, telmisartan is not recommended for concomitant use with ramipril.
2. Is telmisartan safe with diuretics? No, telmisartan should not be taken while using diuretics.
3. How long should I use telmisartan? Telmisartan should be continued even after you feel well. Do not miss the dose.
4. I am suffering from angioedema while using telmisartan. Can I stop using the drug? Angioedema is the side effect of telmisartan. Do not stop the drug without consulting the doctor.
5. Can I perform vigorous exercises while taking telmisartan? No, telmisartan causes tiredness and dizziness. Follow the instructions of the health care professionals carefully while doing the workouts.