Asmita 3/0.03 Mg Tablet 21
Ethinyl estradiol is used to treat the deficiency of female sex hormone estrogen and associated risks. It is used to treat bone loss and fractures in post-menopausal women. In menstruating women, it is used to treat menstrual disorders, young women with underdeveloped ovaries and is also used as a hormone replacement therapy (HRT). Additionally, is used to treat prostate cancer in men. Drospirenone is used to prevent pregnancy. It is also used to treat post-menopausal symptoms such as osteoporosis, hot flashes, and abdominal pain. Drospirenone also treats premenstrual dysphoric disorder and moderate acne.
How does the drug work?
Ethinyl estradiol is a synthetic steroid that belongs to a class of medications called estrogens. It is similar to the naturally occurring female hormone; therefore it helps in restoring the estrogen levels in the body. Drospirenone contains a hormone called progesterone. It prevents the release of egg from ovary and caUSES changes in the cervical and uterine lining, thus drospirenone prevents ovulation and make sperm hard to reach uterus. Thereby prevents fertilization of egg.
What are the common side effect?
Ethinyl estradiol side effects include nausea and vomiting, headache, swelling, breast tenderness, breast pain, burning sensation, heartburn, flatulence, constipation, abdominal pain, pain during periods, depression, mood changes, skin rash, skin redness, hair loss, vaginal burning sensation, vaginal discharge, altered libido, weight loss, or weight gain. The common side effects of Drospirenone are vaginal bleeding, mood changes, decrease in sexual drive, acne, breast pain, headache, nausea, irregular periods, and weight gain.
• Avoid tab Asmita birth control pill if an allergic reaction has been experienced to any of its ingredients during the previous use.
• It is very important to take every dose of Asmita medicine because forgetting even a single dose can make you pregnant.
• Inform the doctor in case of breast or uterus cancer. Taking drug in the conditions may intensify side effects of Asmita.
• Patients should inform about the condition such as blood clotting disorders, liver problems, gall bladder disorders, high blood pressure, as the conditions may alter the benefits of Asmita.
• After completion of the treatment patients should undergo scanning of uterus, because there is chance of pregnancy or the fetus may have birth defects.
• Avoid the Asmita tablets during pregnancy or planning to become pregnant.
1. What lifestyle changes should I make while taking ethinyl estradiol? Quit smoking and avoid alcohol as alcohol may worsen the drowsiness and calmness with ethinyl estradiol.
2. Is ethinyl estradiol used in the treatment of acne? Yes, ethinyl estradiol may help treat acne but consulting the doctor before using hormonal tablets is recommended.
3. I am on ethinyl estradiol medication do I gain weight? Yes, there is a chance of weight gain and weight loss if you are taking ethinyl estradiol medication.
4. Do I develop breast cancer if am using ethinyl estradiol birth control pill? You may be at a risk of developing breast cancer. Regular screening of the breasts may help to reduce the risk by early detection in case of any abnormal changes in the breast tissue.
5. Is ethinyl estradiol prescribed to men? Yes, it is used for the treatment of prostate cancer.
1. Does drospirenone delay periods? Yes, drospirenone may alter periods. It may be early or late than the expected date.
2. Can I use drospirenone often to prevent pregnancy? No. it is not suggested to take drospirenone more often, as it may alter hormonal balance. Use other types of contraceptive methods.
3. Can I take drospirenone during breastfeeding? Yes. drospirenone is safe to take during breastfeeding.
4. Does drospirenone offer protection against HIV infection? Drospirenone does not provide protection from sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV or AIDS.
5. I was diagnosed with renal calculi. Can I take drospirenone? No, patient with renal problems should not take drospirenone.