Asmotone Plus 100/2/4 MG Syrup 100 ML
Manufactured by: East India Pharmaceutical Works Ltd.
Composition: Guaifenesin (100mg) + Terbutaline (2 mg) + Ambroxol (4 mg)
Pack size: 100 ml
Drug type: Cold and cough preparations
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Cough with mucus
What is Asmotone Plus 100/2/4 mg Syrup?
Asmotone Plus 100/2/4 mg Syrup is the combination of three drugs- Ambroxol, Terbutaline and Guaifenesin which is used to treat cough with mucus.
Asmotone Plus 100/2/4 mg Syrup is used to treat cough with mucus.
How Does the Drug Work?
Ambroxol is a mucolytic drug. It works by diluting the mucus for its easy clearance. Terbutaline works by stimulating the intracellular adenyl cyclase which relaxes the bronchial smooth muscles in the lungs. Guaifenesin reduces the stickiness of mucus for its easier removal from the airways.
Common Side Effects of Asmotone Plus 100/2/4 mg Syrup:
List of major side effects of Asmotone Plus 100/2/4 mg Syrup
- Nausea and vomiting
- Muscle cramp
- Stomach pain
How to Use Asmotone Plus 100/2/4 mg Syrup?
Before use, read the directions mentioned on the label of Asmotone Plus 100/2/4 mg Syrup. Measure the prescribed amount with the measuring cup and take it by mouth by swallowing it completely. Shake the bottle before use. It may be taken with or without food as prescribed by the doctor.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Asmotone Plus 100/2/4 mg Syrup
- Do not take Asmotone Plus 100/2/4 mg Syrup if you are allergic to any ingredient in the drug formulation.
- The pregnant and lactating women should take this medication on doctor’s advice.
- Asmotone Plus 100/2/4 mg Syrup may cause sleepiness as its side effect. Avoid using heavy machinery and driving while taking this medication.
- Prior consultation to your doctor is advisable before alcohol consumption during the treatment with this medication.
- This mediation should be used with caution in patients with cardiovascular disorders.
Contraindications while using Asmotone Plus 100/2/4 mg Syrup
- Asmotone Plus 100/2/4 mg Syrup is contraindicated in the patients with hypersensitivity to this medication.
Possible drug interactions of Asmotone Plus 100/2/4 mg Syrup with other drugs
- Asmotone Plus 100/2/4 mg Syrup may decrease the hypoglycaemic effect of anti-diabetic drugs.
- The use of this medication is advised against in those concurrently receiving potassium depleting agents as it may cause hypokalaemia.
Store this medication at room temperature (between 20-25°C). Protect from sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as supportive and symptomatic medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- How does Asmotone Plus 100/2/4 mg Syrup work?
Asmotone Plus 100/2/4 mg Syrup works by diluting and decreasing the stickiness of the mucus for its easy clearance.
- Is Asmotone Plus 100/2/4 mg Syrup safe to use during pregnancy?
Asmotone Plus 100/2/4 mg Syrup may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. The pregnant women should use this medication under medical supervision.
- What are the side effects of Asmotone Plus 100/2/4 mg Syrup?
The common side effects of Asmotone Plus 100/2/4 mg Syrup may include diarrhea, vomiting, headache, drowsiness, dizziness and palpitations.
- How often can I take Asmotone Plus 100/2/4 mg Syrup?
Asmotone Plus 100/2/4 mg Syrup should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.