Atakare 50/5 Mg Tablet 10
Amlodipine is used in the treatment of hypertension, chest pain (i.e. angina) and other conditions in which the artery of the heart gets narrowed. It is also used for the prevention of heart disorders. Atenolol is used in the treatment of chest pain (i.e. angina) and high blood pressure. This drug is also known to reduce the risk of death in patients who had a heart attack.
How does the drug work?
Amlodipine belongs to a class of drugs called the calcium channel blockers. The mechanism of action of amlodipine is to dilate the blood vessels, thereby, improving the blood flow through them. Atenolol belongs to the class of drugs called beta-blockers. It blocks the actions of certain chemicals such as adrenaline or epinephrine on the heart and blood vessels. Consequently, the heart rate and the blood pressure come under control.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of amlodipine tablets are dizziness, tiredness, flushing, stomach pain, and nausea. The common side effects of atenolol include dizziness, feeling tired and depressed mood.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Can I stop taking amlodipine tablets if I do not have symptoms of hypertension? You may not always have the symptoms even if your blood pressure is high. Thus, you should not stop taking amlodipine but may have to continue it for your whole life.
2. Can amlodipine alone control my hypertension? Amlodipine is a part of treatment for hypertension. You should also follow a proper diet, exercise and maintain your weight along with taking this drug.
3. How should I take amlodipine? You may take amlodipine with or without food, and with a glass of water. Take the medicine at the same time each day.
4. Will my chest pain decrease immediately when I take amlodipine? Your chest pain can increase at first with amlodipine. But later it should decrease which if does not happen, you should consult a doctor.
5. How can I avoid dizziness with amlodipine? You should change your positions (i.e. sitting or standing or lying down) slowly to prevent dizziness and falls. Atenolol
1. Should I inform my surgeon about taking atenolol? Yes. You need to inform your surgeon that you are undergoing therapy with atenolol. Yom may have to stop taking the drug for some days before the surgery.
2. Can I drive after taking atenolol? Atenolol can impair a person’s ability to think and react. Therefore, it is not advisable to drive for some time after taking this drug.
3. What if I drink alcohol while using atenolol? Taking alcohol and atenolol together can increase the risk of side effects such as drowsiness and dizziness.
4. Can I maintain a normal blood pressure with atenolol alone? Atenolol is only a part of treatment for blood pressure. You may need some other drugs, along with a proper exercise, diet, and weight control.
5. Can I stop taking atenolol if I do not have the symptoms of high blood pressure? You must continue using this medicine even if you feel that you have no symptoms. This is because very often, high blood pressure does not produce symptoms.